Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

the parkzone j3 cub

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2005, 07:23 PM
cfsn1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default the parkzone j3 cub

I have a f-27 stryker but Iam thinking of getting a j3 cub or super decathlon from parkzone.
I have some questions for people who have them. first can they do arobatics,can they take off from the grass and about how fast do they fly.
Old 02-13-2005, 07:42 PM
spitcurl

Default RE: the parkzone j3 cub

Hi! I have a new F-7 Stryker. It is flat bottomed, no landing gear, must be hand launched. I flew mine today for the first time in the only open area I could find. Damn that thing is fast. Nose entered ground at mach something and has only superficial damage. I Tried my own hand launch style. The gash in my index finger is only about 1/4" deep by about 1/2" wide. The wind was gusting all over the place. Learned a lot today

Some day I hope to build a Giant scale plane using two samurai swords for a prop. Rotsa Ruck, GD
Old 02-13-2005, 08:18 PM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

cfsn1,
Go with the Cub.
Answers to your questions as follows: some, sometimes, and not very. LOL
See the park flyers sections for more info on the Cub.
Ask away and we'll try and help.

spitcurl,
check out the Stryker forums in the park flyers section for lots of tips.
and oh yea, most of us have all of our fingers yet.

to both of you, welcome to the addiction.
BJ
Old 02-15-2005, 01:13 AM
Bevo

I've flown both the J3 Cub and the Decathlon from Parkzone and they both fly great. To be honest their the same airplane with a different color scheme. Both take off from the asphalt really well. I wouldn't suggest grass. They can do loops and stall turns but they don't fly upside down and they don't have ailerons so you can't roll. However they are great airplanes for someone wanting to learn the basics to flying model airplanes and they can teach you how to land and take off.

Bevo
Old 02-15-2005, 10:09 AM
Glacier Girl

Bevo,
They will fly inverted quite nicely if balanced correctly. I added a pair of Dave Brown 2 1/2 inch tires and it does pretty well off grass.
BJ
Old 02-17-2005, 02:10 PM
Rat1

Get the Cub if you have a choice. the Decathalon is heavier then the cub but uses the same power system as the cub which makes the decathalon slower, slightly under powered and harder to fly because of this.
Old 02-17-2005, 03:57 PM
Glacier Girl

cfsn,
after you get comfortable with the Cub, give me a holler, I give you some of my engine hopups,ie:venom 370, and the speed 400 I'm working on now. They will make it even more fun to fly.
BJ