Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Training
Reload this Page >

Need Help choosing a Radio Controller

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Need Help choosing a Radio Controller

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 10:32 AM
SnitGTS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help choosing a Radio Controller

Hello all! I am new to RC Airplanes and I'm looking for a radio controller that will be able to handle most if not all of my future needs. I did some research and I've been looking at the Hitec Optic 6. Anyone have any experience with this controller? Is there a better one out there that's in the same ballpark price wise?

Also, I have some basic controller questions too. What is a mixer and what would I use it for? Can you get more then one reciever to work with the same transmitter and what would you need to know to purchase additional recievers if you can?

Thanks in advance for your help!!!

Jay
Old 08-07-2006, 09:36 PM
sputnikxxx

Default RE: Need Help choosing a Radio Controller

Im new as well so dont hold what I say in stone but usually the way it works is that you can use it on multiple receivers as long as you have the correct radio crystal... for example if you have crystal number 1 in transmitter it would work all the planes with the number 1 crystal in it.....

I think that as long as the plane does not require more channels that the transmitter has then your ok.... for example you could use a 4 channel for a 3 channel plane or a 4 channel but if it had 6 you would not be able to use all the functions needed for full operation...

hope this helps... but I would suggest contacting Hitec im sure they could answer all your questions as far as esc compatability
Old 08-07-2006, 10:49 PM
jdetray

Default RE: Need Help choosing a Radio Controller

Hi Jay-

Just a suggestion: It usually works out best if you post a question in just one section of this discussion forum. You already have [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4593027/tm.htm]several responses[/link] in Electric General Discussion section.

Good luck with your search for a transmitter.

- Jeff