Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Electric info please!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2003, 05:13 AM
Ted Farmin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electric info please!

I want to get started in elec. Building an old Midwest taylor craft, 55.5 wing span that I am doing an extensive kit bash, airframe should be about 1 and 1/2 lbs.
Would like to know what motor and battery to use to get good vertical performance as I would like to use this motor and batt. in other planes such as fun fly types. I am able to hover a fuel type now, so is a Hacker B50 worth the money they are asking? Also what do you do for receiver power with more than 10 cells as I read once that 10 was max. for the radio thru the controller.
Any other suggestions would be appriciated.
Old 01-15-2003, 01:49 PM
Tippie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electric info please!

Check with the guys at New Creations Hobby Shop in Willis, Texas.

They are an "All electric Hobby Shop" and should be able to give you the straight talk.

There are a couple other all electric outlets but New Creations is the only one I have bought from. Nice catalog too.

You can go to their web site at:
www.newcreations-rc.com

You can get their phone number there. Someone on another thread said to talk to "Kirk" and he can run you info on "Motocalc". He will need a little more info than you have posted. Will need to know sq in of the wing for one.

The other place you might check would be the online RC Electric Magazine. www.ezonemag.com
Ask you question there and you will get plenty of help.

Good luck.