Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Training
Reload this Page >

Gearbox and prop questions

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Gearbox and prop questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 10:20 PM
navihawk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gearbox and prop questions

Just got my new 3 cell lipo 1300 mah 15C. But i havent recieved the outrunner motor yet. I have a dmz cherokee ep 400, which stock brings a speed 400 motor with a 4.25:1 gearbox ratio. I use a 20 amp gws speed controller. Just wondering with a 9x4.7 gws prop what would be with amp draw with a 3 cell lipo. Just so i know how much i can push it without destroying the esc,motor, and new lipo. Thanks in advance.n
Old 11-22-2006, 01:10 PM
Greg Covey

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Gearbox and prop questions

The DMZ EP 400 series use geared Speed 400 power systems meant for either a 6-7 NiCd/NiMH pack or a 2-cell LiPo pack. To power the stock geared 370 motor, I used a Super 20 ESC and a 2-cell 910mAh Cellpro pack from FMA Direct. The power system delivered 74 watts at 10.5amps on full throttle.

You can read my review [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/article_display.cfm?article_id=759]here[/link].