Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Training
Reload this Page >

PZ T28 trojan Brushless

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

PZ T28 trojan Brushless

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 09:59 PM
Dragonfueled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PZ T28 trojan Brushless

HI guys I was lookiing into the Parkzone T28 trojan to upgrade from my old PZ J3 cub. Its either that or get the new Brushless J3. Do you guys think it will be to much of a jump and will the T28 be a typical warbird and hard to fly?
Old 08-29-2007, 10:54 AM
Bigtone

Default RE: PZ T28 trojan Brushless

Hey Dragonfueled, this may help you out!
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_57..._1/key_/tm.htm
Old 08-30-2007, 09:42 AM
Leo L

Dragonfueled,

It all depends on what you want to do. If you love flying your J3 and simply want to get a boost in its performance, but don't want to get into flying with ailerons, then get the brushless J3. Keep in mind that it will need the same tailwheel / front wheel mods that the original needed to keep it from doing ground-loops. The Trojan will probably be harder to fly than a high wing 4-channel trainer like the Minimag or the E-Starter, but should be easier to fly than the warbirds like the Mustang, FW or Spitfire. Only you know how quickly you adjust and react to different situations. If you want an easy step up, go with the Minimag or E-Starter first, and then the Trojan. If you feel confident to take a fairly large step, go straight for the Trojan.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:54 PM
thefig781

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had my Parkzone T-28 Trojan for about 6 weeks and I love it! Very stable and the performance is more than I had hoped for. It doen't have unlimited veritcal capability ( yet )... but is very stable and forgiving. It doesn't have a tendancy to snap roll if you get it too slow, it just drops the nose a bit and then levels out. Spins are a blast, and just releasing the controls stops the spin and a little elevator and it makes you look like a pro.
I did change the receiver, and put in a Spektrum 2.4 Ghz AR-7000 because of planned mods. The nice part is that in a tight turn is doen't have a tendancy to drop the nose like so many other warbirds do. I've added flaps and I have a different ( read, more powerful AXI 2814 ) motor on order and it is supposed to be equivalent to a .22 - .25 two stroke nitro. Can't wait to see what it'll do in a vertical climb! Waiting for warmer weather so I can check out the operation of the flaps, it should really float in for a landing. Would I recommend it for a first trainer....No; not unless there was an instructor on a buddy box. Can you learn to fly using the T-28 as a trainer with a buddy box, YES, most deffinately. For a sport plane it would make an outstanding "sport trainer". But not for a first time pilot.

Enjoy,

Jim
Old 05-07-2008, 08:39 PM
pauldutt

This may be the wrong place to post this but I have a PZ T28 and I love it. It lands pretty hot though. I see a few people have modified their T28s with flaps to slow it down. I'm running a Spektrum DX6i system and was wondering if anyone has tried to set up their radio for flaperons? I did but I'm afraid to fly it. But I don't want to cut up my wing either unless I absolutely have to. Call me chicken.
Old 05-08-2008, 05:57 AM
tubamike78

that's how i have mine set up. just program about 7-10" up elevator in it alos. just try it up high a few times to get the feel for it before landing.

good luck
Old 05-08-2008, 12:05 PM
pauldutt

I don't understand what you mean by programming 7-10 deg up elevator in the FLAPERON setup. Where do I do that?
Old 05-08-2008, 04:15 PM
tubamike78

this is done in the flaps menu, it has 2 listings, one for nornal, one for land. this is where you want to set about 10 deg up elevator in.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:58 PM
pauldutt

Thanks. I was confused by the 7-10 deg UP comment because I thought I had the T28 programmed into my DX6i. I had it programmed into my DX6 instead (I have too many airplanes) and the DX6 doesn't have that menu. I'll program my DX6i and try it. Thanks again.
Old 05-11-2008, 10:44 PM
pauldutt

I couldn't get the DX6i to program properly (WINGTAILMIX - DUALAILE). The flaps work but the ailerons were operating in reverse. I worked on it for hours and did everything both by the manual and experimenting to no avail. I went back to the my DX6 (MIX - FLP - ON) and everything appears to operate as specified. Now I just have to work up the courage to fly it.

Thanks again
Old 05-12-2008, 05:50 AM
tubamike78

did you try reversing the ailerons?
Old 05-12-2008, 05:02 PM
pauldutt

I tried everything. I have the same radio setup in my mini Edge 540 and everything works as advertised on it. No matter what I do to the Trojan in the dual aileron mode (WINGTAILMIX), the ailerons are backwards. The only thing I noticed that is different between the 540 and the Trojan is the aileron servo control arms are on opposite sides. I'll have to see how it works on the 540 before I mess with the Trojan flaps anymore. I give up.
Old 05-22-2008, 08:33 PM
cjg

Mine were backwards with the DX6i, simply reversed the channels and worked find.

You must have something set wrong as the DX6i with dual ailerons worked great on my T-28. I have mine set for spoilerons rather than flaperons, but same principle.
Old 05-22-2008, 09:28 PM
pauldutt

What do you mean by "simply reversed the channels"?

I reversed left and right servo leads (Rt to Aux- Lt to Aile) on receiver and also tried programming the DX6i aileron reversing. The ailerons worked either backwards or they both moved up & down together when I engaged the FLAP switch.

They work okay with the DX6 transmitter but not with the DX6i. I'm using an AR6100 receiver. I have other issues with the DX6 transmitter so I don't use it anymore.
Old 06-26-2008, 08:38 PM
RCSUPERCUB

I just bought this plane today brought it home and plugged in the battery to test the motor to what it was like and i get this awfull loud vilent vibration form the motor, when in full power it does this and i can see the nose is moving around a bit, so i took it back to the hobby shop and got them to look at it, they took it all apart and all was good with it, they tested it and it worked fine, so i took it home and tried it again and it does the same thing again any ideas ??
Old 07-04-2008, 10:02 AM
cjg

ORIGINAL: RCSUPERCUB

I just bought this plane today brought it home and plugged in the battery to test the motor to what it was like and i get this awfull loud vilent vibration form the motor, when in full power it does this and i can see the nose is moving around a bit, so i took it back to the hobby shop and got them to look at it, they took it all apart and all was good with it, they tested it and it worked fine, so i took it home and tried it again and it does the same thing again any ideas ??
Take your propellor off, and put it over a small screwdriver shaft (the little screwdriver that comes with the plane is good). Make sure it is balanced. If one side drops from level, use fine sandpaper or a small file to file a bit off the length of the edges of that side until it balances. Then reinstall and see if that helps.

The thing does provide a bit of power and may move a bit at full throttle on the bench cause it is "raring" to go. However, violent vibrations indicate an unbalanced propellor or bent motor shaft. The latter is unlikely if you haven't yet crashed it. However, propellers are often out of balance from the factory.

Also, check your motor mount screws to make sure everything is tight and secure. A loose motor mount will cause this.
Old 07-07-2008, 09:49 AM
swiggyj

hey all, just got one! I am new to this and started with a parkzone micro cessna. I have flown the T-28 12 times now with all but two successful landings. the landing gear popped off. glued back on and flying great! last night went to some baseball diamonds - takes off great from the dirt - trying to land in a diamond - different story. It would land great on the sand part, then flip as soon as grass was there. no damage. I like the high/low settings as well. low is great for take off/landing, high works with altitude. videos to follow.
Old 07-07-2008, 11:29 AM
Leo L

Hi Swiggyj,

I agree that the T-28 is a terrific plane. Most of my flights are from a baseball diamond as well. Take-offs are usually started near the pitcher's mound, where the dirt is less trampled, heading out toward second base. Landings are usually bring the lane down at short stop or second base, heading toward home. The planes that can land at a slow speed, like the T-028 and the Typhoon, are no problem. Planes that need to come in fairly fast, like the GWS Warbirds, quickly run out of room and I've had a few go intro the backstop. Usually no damage, but still not a nice way to end a good flight.
Old 07-07-2008, 03:26 PM
swiggyj

not the greatest vid, but they will get better!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=366DWBz0u2M