Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Training
Reload this Page >

Best Electric 4-channel trainer?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Best Electric 4-channel trainer?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2003, 08:02 PM
midnitedew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Electric 4-channel trainer?

OK, im looking for a 3-4channel electric trainer that doesnt use string for the control surfaces..... if anyone knows of a plane like this let me know... i was looking at the aerobid but... the strings on the control surfaces kind of threw me off.... i would like a powerful easy to fly, capable of loops and rolls and also can climb pretty good... is there any such beast?
Old 05-19-2003, 09:27 PM
ric_lamb

Hi - Why not have a look at the Wattage Impress? I've had one for three weeks now, but because of rain & high winds, not been able to get it into the sky!

It comes with a 280 motor and gearbox, Elevator and Aileron and speed control.

Takes standard servos and anything from a 6 cell to 8 cell battery pack. Mine is a 7 cel 800mAh pack and I guess it'll gibe between 8 and 12 minutes at full chat.

There's a little pic of it next to ny name in this post.
Old 05-19-2003, 09:41 PM
midnitedew

Originally posted by ric_lamb
Hi - Why not have a look at the Wattage Impress? I've had one for three weeks now, but because of rain & high winds, not been able to get it into the sky!

It comes with a 280 motor and gearbox, Elevator and Aileron and speed control.

Takes standard servos and anything from a 6 cell to 8 cell battery pack. Mine is a 7 cel 800mAh pack and I guess it'll gibe between 8 and 12 minutes at full chat.

There's a little pic of it next to ny name in this post.
could you send me a link to the manufacturer or a place that sells them? who makes it? how much... dows it do loops,rolls, and climb good? thanks...
Old 05-19-2003, 09:45 PM
ric_lamb

Hi midnite,

Here's a review of the plane -
http://www.hobbypeople.net/review/128412man.htm

I'm in the UK, so I can really only say where to get it here, but a Google search on 'Wattage Impress' will find quite a number of outlets if you are in the US, although this might help - http://www.rcuniverse.com/rcarchive/15/2002/04/1/16524

I've not flown it yet - waiting for a calmer day for one of the instructors at my club to give it its maiden flight.

Hope this helps
Old 05-19-2003, 11:35 PM
goofup

What happened to your Hobbico Avistar RTF? Didn't you like gassers??
Old 05-20-2003, 02:10 AM
midnitedew

Originally posted by Goofup
What happened to your Hobbico Avistar RTF? Didn't you like gassers??
i have it in my bedroom sitting there.... the wing-joiner rod was to long and tower is sending a new one... should be here friday....
also my field equipment and epoxy and extra props and fuel will be here tomorrow.... i read the OS instruction manual and now i am scared..... there are LOTS of adjustments and breakin proceedures.... im thinking electric will be alot easier to learn on...
also i have ben trying to find an nstrustor and it pretty hard!! i think i might have to train myself.... thats why im looking for inexpensive easy to fly and DURABLE plane.... i have been using some simulators and feel pretty confident that i could fly an electric by myself.... just kinda scared about the gas motor....
Old 05-21-2003, 02:44 PM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

You should be scared if you think it runs on gas... It's a "glow" motor, and it runs on methanol.

Just take it one step at a time, and if you have problems/questions, ask in the Engines forum.

Here's a list of chartered AMA clubs in Minnesota: http://modelaircraft.org/templates/a...63C73E8EA06128