Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Training
Reload this Page >

Hobbyzone Firebird Phantom Trim Help

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Hobbyzone Firebird Phantom Trim Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 09:57 PM
Cajun Special

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hobbyzone Firebird Phantom Trim Help

Has anyone succesfully trimmed one of these? I'm a total newbie, and this is my first plane. I cannot get it trimmed for anything. Should I attempt to trim at full power, half power, 2/3s power? I tried at full but being the newbie that I am, I can't get it right. [:@]

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-27-2009, 10:01 PM
Cajun Special

Default RE: Hobbyzone Firebird Phantom Trim Help

I forgot to mention that I loosened the tail screws and snugged them with no resistance from the control rods going back or forward, and I made sure my elevators/elevons were as closely even as possible.
Also when I turn the Tx on, it calibrates the trim. Should I remember my trim settings each time I turn it on? (Assuming I finally get it dialed in)
Thanks...
Old 06-28-2009, 07:59 AM
whitecrest

Default RE: Hobbyzone Firebird Phantom Trim Help

ORIGINAL: Cajun Special

Has anyone succesfully trimmed one of these? I'm a total newbie, and this is my first plane. I cannot get it trimmed for anything. Should I attempt to trim at full power, half power, 2/3s power? I tried at full but being the newbie that I am, I can't get it right. [:@]

Thanks in advance.
Before attempting to adjust the elevator trim, double check for any misalignment issues. Make sure the wing is not twisted and is aligned correctly with respect to the stabilizer. Make sure the model balances at the point recommended by the manufacturer. It is better to be a little nose heavy. You might have to shift the battery position or add weight to get the right balance. Also, a little downthrust might be needed to prevent excessive climbing under power. If your ship is aligned and well balanced, you should not need more than a few clicks of up elevator trim to achieve level flight at moderate power settings.