Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Help please

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 10:04 PM
Lajos Toth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help please

I'm new to electric planes, if I connect me esc to my receiver on the throttle can i use a seperate battery supply on my receiver for my servos??
Also where do u put the switch now, is it between the esc and the receiver or between the extra battery pack and the receiver like on gas plains.

Help would really be apreciated thanks.
Old 08-16-2009, 10:01 AM
speedy72vega

Default RE: Help please

Yes you can Lajos, but you have to make sure that your ESC doesn't have a built in BEC. If it does, you will need to remove the power supply wire from the ESC to the rx. Look in the instructions that came with your ESC to determine which wire to disconnect, but it's usually the red wire. Then you can connect your rx battery pack to the rx in the batt slot.
Your power switch will still go between your rx battery and rx, just like on a gas plane. Just remember to disconnect your battery pack from ESC BEFORE you turn off the rx switch, otherwise your motor might run if you don't have your signal interrupt setting to throttle off.

I have 2 planes that I fly with this configuration, but both of my ESC's in those planes are Opto only, meaning no built in BEC.
Old 08-16-2009, 02:07 PM
MrMulligan
My Feedback: (314)

Here's a nice tip for you. Instead of cutting the wire as the previous replyer says, get a three inch extension and remove the wire from that. That will allow you to use the BEC (if any) with out the hassle of reconnecting a cut wire on the ESC.
Old 08-16-2009, 02:33 PM
Lajos Toth

Thanx speedy.

Mine is BEC, and I did excactly what he said here I just put a 3inch lead in and took out the red wire, great plan.

Thanx all.

Ps. is it necessary to put a switch in between the esc and my Lipo??

Thanx in advance for all your friendly help.

ORIGINAL: MrMulligan

Here's a nice tip for you. Instead of cutting the wire as the previous replyer says, get a three inch extension and remove the wire from that. That will allow you to use the BEC (if any) with out the hassle of reconnecting a cut wire on the ESC.
Old 08-16-2009, 02:35 PM
Lajos Toth

Oops and sorry if it is plugged in and my receiver is switched of does it drain the Lipo at all????

Thanx

ORIGINAL: Lajos Toth

Thanx speedy.

Mine is BEC, and I did excactly what he said here I just put a 3inch lead in and took out the red wire, great plan.

Thanx all.

Ps. is it necessary to put a switch in between the esc and my Lipo??

Thanx in advance for all your friendly help.

ORIGINAL: MrMulligan