RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Electric Training (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/electric-training-102/)
-   -   NEW TO ELECT. (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/electric-training-102/9191295-new-elect.html)

EXK102 10-21-2009 02:38 PM

NEW TO ELECT.

I am new to elect.

I have been reading and reading.
I have chosen the Multiplex EasyStar in the ARF as my started , trainer. I am going to put airelons on this RC
I need everything.
What do you say about the best
Charger
Battery - lipo
esc
receiver

I have two JR transmitters. Older JR Fm that has been sent in for full up grade, and a JR program that is about 3 years old.

SARG5
SEEING AND FLYING THE COUNTRY WE DEFEND</p>

aeajr 11-06-2009 12:05 AM

RE: NEW TO ELECT.

ORIGINAL: EXK102

I am new to elect.

I have been reading and reading.
I have chosen the Multiplex EasyStar in the ARF as my started , trainer. I am going to put airelons on this RC
I need everything.
What do you say about the best
Charger
Battery - lipo
esc
receiver

I have two JR transmitters. Older JR Fm that has been sent in for full up grade, and a JR program that is about 3 years old.

SARG5
SEEING AND FLYING THE COUNTRY WE DEFEND</p>

1) Why are you goign to put ailerons on the Easy Star, you haven't even flown it yet. The Easy Star is available RTF, so it comes with a charger. Not the best but it will get the job done.

Why send in an old JR 4 channel FM. Not worth the effort. Especially when you have a JR programable radio.

Wizzard033 12-10-2009 02:08 AM

RE: NEW TO ELECT.

I put ailerons about 20" long on my Easy star. I used HS55 servos but it still needs rudder input. I also bent some 3/32" music wire and 1 1/4" foamies for landing gear. It will ROG even on fairly heavy grass even with the stock set up until the battery is about half depleted and any time from a hard surface. I started off with a 15C 3s 2100 electrifly battery and the motor ran well but only lasted about 15 flights. I then mounted a Rimfire 28 30 950 with a Electrifly 25 SS speed controller with an APC 9x3.8 slow fly prop and it flies very well. It runs about 74 watts on the bench and I regularly get 30 minute flights with varied throttle. I just purchased a 30c 3s 2800 and it now bench runs at 99 watts so I know it will pep it up [sm=wink_smile.gif] but i have yet to fly with the new battery. This bird flies very well and is very sturdy. I would recommend it to any pilot novice or advanced. It's great to get it down on the deck WOT and see how close you can get the wing tip in a bank and when it happens to clip the ground you just give it a ground check and get back in the air. I also added nav lights a strobe on the bottom and switched landing lights all LED and fly it at night. :D You can batter this plane and with a dab of CA your in the air again. I've hit trees, fence posts, clipped the wings on the ground numerous times and had three mid-air collisions (combat) with mine and its still airborne.