Community
Search
Notices
Electrics to Glow Conversions Are you converting an electric airplane to glow and need help? Have you already converted an airplane and you want to show it off and give some tips? This is your forum. Enjoy.

Electric to glow

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2023, 08:19 AM
Joe Butch
My Feedback: (48)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Electric to glow

My 2 cents after a day at the field
Electrics: start right up, run the same every flight, never a dead stick - BORING!!
Glow or gas - starts right up, runs the same every flight, never a dead stick - REWARDING!!
Thanks for looking, Joe Butch
Old 12-16-2023, 08:28 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

LOL Butch. My take on electric power. Starts right up, need the correct size prop to not overload and fry ESC or batteries and make it through 8 minutes of flight but enough prop to provide required amount of thrust to fly maneuvers well, set throttle curve, set brake, provide enough airflow so things don’t heat up. Fly sequence below well enough to be competitive, REWARDING.

Old 12-17-2023, 06:44 AM
Joe Butch
My Feedback: (48)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Electric to glow

Hello speedracerntrixie, Good response, I truly appreciate everything aviation related and anything that flies. Yes, I can now appreciate the effort required for your best flights and success with electric power. Amazing time we live in with amazing technology. Thanks for your time and reply, keep having fun. Remember, life on the edge, should not be the edge if the couch. I believe you understand this.
Thanks and best regards, Joe Butch
Old 12-17-2023, 09:23 AM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

Joe, I think we are on the same page. I do enjoy glow and gas power as well. Need to keep up with the times however and some of my models simply wouldn’t be possible without electric power.