Notices
Engine Conversions Discuss all aspects of engine conversions in this forum

Conversion parts

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 05:25 PM
[email protected]

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Conversion parts

Hey, I would love if anyone shares websites that sell carbs, mufflers and a range of other products. One website does not have it all. What I'm mainly looking for is carbs for my homelite 26cc . Websites with how tos would be great to.
Old 03-19-2013, 04:39 AM
Tidnab
My Feedback: (51)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Conversion parts

Here's where I got some of my conversion parts http://www.wackerengines.com/Homelite.htm If you have a Homelite 26cc that has the slanted crankcase a mount would probably have to be fabricated by you. A good carb for a Homelite is the Walbro WA 167,but are hard to find cheap.There's one on Ebay that is cheap,but would need cleaned rebuilt and a new primer.If you can't find that carb any one with about an 11.11 venturi would probably work. You can look on Ebay at other Walbro carbs and then go to the link below and look in the series that the carb is in like WA,WT,etc and look for the number of the carb. You might want to go with an electronic ignition to save some weight.There are guys on this engine conversions forum that can advise and help you. http://wem.walbro.com/walbro/family2.asp
Old 03-19-2013, 08:51 AM
av8tor1977
My Feedback: (6)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

www.lambertsrc.com but he won't have carbs. Dave's Discount Motors has carbs but they are not cheap. (They're not cheap anywhere except e-bay.) Lots of us buy them off e-bay, but it is somewhat a roll of the dice to be sure you get a good one. Not good if you don't know how to repair them.

AV8TOR
Old 03-19-2013, 11:52 AM
irocbsa
My Feedback: (12)

Not sure if it helps or not, but DLE carbs are fairly cheap from Tower at around $30. I know it's not a genuine Walbro, but I have had really good luck with them.
Old 03-19-2013, 12:56 PM
[email protected]

I found jackssmall engines they gave alkt of carbs. What confuses me is that no website has the specifications. Just the wt xxx or whatever. My homelite has a walbro 245 or 640 it has this two numbers on. I don't want to buy one only to find out that its the same or cheaper as stock one.
maybe I'm searching wrong. If anyone can tell me exactly what model # Work. Maybe different price ranges. All I know is that I need a bigger one than the one I have. However, I don't even know anything about mine.
Old 03-19-2013, 02:34 PM
Tidnab
My Feedback: (51)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

In the link I gave you in my previous post http://wem.walbro.com/walbro/family2.asp Go to the list that has the letters on your carb near the numbers and click on the letters,such as WT and it will take you to a list of WT carbs.Find your number there and click on it.It takes you to a page showing your carb and it's specifications,like venturi, rebuild kits,etc.Your carbs you have listed in your post are probably WT 245 with a 7.14 venturi and the 640 has a 7.94 venturi.You can checK what size ones on Ebay or elsewhere are by going to that Walbro site.
If you have a Zama carb go to http://www.zamacarb.com/prod_lookup.cfm
Old 03-19-2013, 03:25 PM
[email protected]

will any wt or wa walbro fit. whats the smallest in mm i can go. will a stock engine have enough power to make a plane fly. i suppose it will. just depending on size and weight.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:46 PM
av8tor1977

All the Walbro WT carbs will interchange as far as mounting goes. An engine will run on just about any carb, but a 26cc likes a carb with an 11mm venturi. (The venturi is the smallest diameter in the throat of the carb.) Smaller than 11mm on that size engine will limit power. You also should use a free breathing muffler. You can buy or have a muffler made, or a lot of us just gut all the baffles, etc. out of a stock muffler, and weld in larger exit tubes. On a 26cc engine I usually use two exit tubes of about 1/2" or 9/16" diameter.

Another way to tell the size of Walbro carbs, is they have a number cast into the carb throat right near the choke area. That number is the venturi size in 64ths of an inch. For example if you see a "28" number cast into the throat, you know the following. 28 = 28/64" = .4375" = 11.1mm venturi.

One other very, very important thing. A lot of the newer carbs have only one adjustment needle. You definitely want a carb that has TWO adjustment needles; one for the low speed and one for the high.

AV8T0R
Old 03-19-2013, 07:55 PM
[email protected]

thanks very much av8tor that was mainly what i was looking for. i didnt want to buy a carb that doesnt fit. is there any other types of brands besides walbro for carbs.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:45 AM
av8tor1977

In this size range there is basically Walbro and Zama. The Zama carbs work fine, but I somewhat prefer the Walbro carbs as repair kits and tech info are more readily available and cheaper.

AV8TOR
Old 03-21-2013, 04:28 PM
jakestew

Why are carbs so expensive? Most that I have seen cost almost as much as an entire weed wacker. Somebody should be importing these things and selling them at standard markups.
Old 03-21-2013, 06:04 PM
av8tor1977

Yep, the carb prices are ridiculous, that's for sure.

AV8TOR