Engine Conversions Discuss all aspects of engine conversions in this forum

WHAT ENGINE IS THIS??

Old 04-27-2013, 06:29 AM
billzair
My Feedback: (29)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHAT ENGINE IS THIS??

HI guys,
There is a fellow Selling a converted gas engine in the classifieds and states it is a 33 cc poulan saw engine. I KNOW what this engine is, and tried to inform him of this but was pretty much told off...lol
anyway, i want to see if you guys know what this engine is.....take this as a "quiz" if you will......good luck!

***he recently took the word "saw" out the add****lol
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj22312.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	235.4 KB
ID:	1876488   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr55976.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	207.6 KB
ID:	1876489  
Old 04-27-2013, 08:02 AM
rangerfredbob
My Feedback: (13)

Default RE: WHAT ENGINE IS THIS??

my guess is 25cc two bolt backplate Poulan/Weedeater, maybe one of their newer 33cc versions but the cylinder looks too small...
Old 04-27-2013, 09:30 AM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It looks like a Weed Eater Weed Whacker with the reverse fins on the flywheel?

The 33cc Weed Eater does have a double ended crankshaft and might lead someone to think it came from a small chainsaw.

The 33cc chainsaw engine is a clamshell design with the cylinder and the top half of the crankcase as one piece. There are fins all the way up and down this thing and it has a slanted spark plug.

Old 04-27-2013, 04:29 PM
billgiacomo615
My Feedback: (111)

you don't know what the hell you are talking about and you are pissed cause i blocked you from my items so mind your own business and gary troutman converted this engine and it is a 33cc poulan pro
Old 04-27-2013, 04:38 PM
billgiacomo615

my comment was for billzair and no one else he thinks he knows it all and he doesnt know squat even if he stepped in it
Old 04-27-2013, 04:58 PM
billzair

First....I do not think I know everything...I dont...but I do try to learn something new each day.
Second... I would know squat if I steeped in it , because I have, many times, and it smells bad!!
Thrird...I agree with you that its a poulan....but it is NOT a saw engine. It might be A poulan pro but from a weed wacker not a saw.
I think you are starting to get a little pissy because maybe your finally staring to see the truth. You were trying to sell it as a 33 saw motor which it is not, it is my business because were supposed to be an rc COMMUNITY and didnt want someone to buy something that its not. Theres a big differance power wise between a weedwacker engine and a chain saw engine. thats all.
Old 04-27-2013, 05:38 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Definitely looks like a trimmer engine to me as well.
Old 04-27-2013, 05:40 PM
billgiacomo615

billzair you are looneytoons and i know what motor i have, you don't and know what ieda as to what i have so rave on and play like you know it all and i got gary involved and told him you basically called him dishonest and a lier this is a poulan 33cc pro, do you even know what that is?
Old 04-27-2013, 06:36 PM
billzair

Yes.... I do. Poulan first starting calling their chainsaws "pro" because they started to chrome plate the cylinder, thereby increasing engine life and making the engine a little more resistant to cold seizure. I think they also went to a forged crank but not 100% on that.( see, I don't know everything after all) I assume that if their calling their weed wackers and blowers that then they are probably plated as well. Why don't you just have mr troutman chime in and tell us what model saw this came from and shut me up already.
Old 04-28-2013, 07:57 AM
billgiacomo615

i got ahold of gary and he said he has had trouble with you in the past, does that mean you are a trouble maker? you said you had converted about 20 engines, gary has converted hundreds over the past years so in your opinion who knows more about converting motors a guy that has done 20 or some one that has done hundreds, i think you owe gary an apology for saying he is a lier and dishonest
Old 04-28-2013, 09:04 AM
billzair

Wow...your listening skills are poor.
Focus with me now.... Concentrate...here we go.
I never called mr. Troutman a lair or dishonest. I DID say that if he sold you this motor and said it was a chainsaw motor then that was not honest( or he didn't know )
I never have had trouble with mr troutman or any one on rcu.
You call me all sorts of names and I've never called you anything.
The bottom line is this....you keep hootin and hollering like a little kid having a tantrum. You can never provide anyone here with any facts on what you have. You keep saying "poulan pro" poulan pro WHAT?
If mr troutman is as honest as you say then what can't he tell you what this engine is out of?
I don't expect you to have a civil answer for this as usual.