Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Engine Conversions
Reload this Page >

Ultimate R/C plane, (and "conversion") I want one!

Notices
Engine Conversions Discuss all aspects of engine conversions in this forum

Ultimate R/C plane, (and "conversion") I want one!

Old 09-24-2013, 11:29 AM
av8tor1977
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ultimate R/C plane, (and "conversion") I want one!

http://www.theverge.com/2013/9/24/47...practice-drone

AV8TOR
Old 09-26-2013, 08:34 AM
tkg
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well it would most likely be scary enough for you. But how would your local club react when you destroyed their runway with your first full burner take off?
Old 09-26-2013, 06:37 PM
av8tor1977
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It would be worth it!! And doing aileron rolls all the way up out of sight...

I worked for a time at Love Field in Prescott, Arizona as manager of an aircraft maintenance center. Embry Riddle Aeronautical University is just right down the highway from there. Sometimes one of the Riddle guys would go into the Air Force, and later would tell his friends and old school mates to watch for him on a certain day at a certain time. Then they would come in an F-15 and do a high speed low pass right down the runway there in Prescott, then light off the burner and do vertical rolls out of sight. Always loved seeing them do it, but always wondered how they never got busted for it....

Of course I was taxiing out for take off at Tucson International one time, and the controllers let a guy in a Mustang do the same thing. They asked everyone on the field if they would mind holding while the guy did it, and everyone including the airline pilots were all over the radios saying "NO PROBLEM, LET 'ER RIP!!!" "WE'LL HOLD!" Beautiful sight, beautiful sound....

AV8TOR