Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Engine Conversions
Reload this Page >

Need help with poulan 32cc weedeater conversion

Community
Search
Notices
Engine Conversions Discuss all aspects of engine conversions in this forum

Need help with poulan 32cc weedeater conversion

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2004, 11:45 PM
FOD MAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with poulan 32cc weedeater conversion

While i have done a search on poulan most of what i found was for chainsaws. since the poulan trimmer motor 32cc looks like a ryobi will the same conversion parts fit. if not where could i find parts. also the muffler is secured with springs, is there any way to use a different one.
Old 08-24-2004, 10:05 PM
joeyc

Default RE: Need help with poulan 32cc weedeater conversion

I have this same engine and it was my first conversion. The one I have is a short shaft and the thread size is 5/16-24 which is the same as the Ryobi. The coversion is basically the same as the Ryobi, but the back plate fastener spacing is different, so if you get a mount from wackerengines, for example, get without holes and drill yourself. I used the stock muffler, just open it up and take out the inner tube and drill two 3/8 in holes in the bottom of the case. This will increase rpm considerably. Has about the same power as a single ring Ryobi. Hope this helps.
Old 08-29-2004, 04:32 PM
FOD MAN

Default RE: Need help with poulan 32cc weedeater conversion

Thanks for the info,fod man.