Notices
Engine Conversions Discuss all aspects of engine conversions in this forum

Where to find Poulan/Craftsman parts??

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2004, 07:49 PM
Eagle Flyer
My Feedback: (84)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to find Poulan/Craftsman parts??

tried locating parts on both websites. But I am not the most confusor, (computer) savy person. Can any one direct me to a site for parts?
Thanks in advance!!!!
Old 11-24-2004, 08:46 PM
Rcpilot
My Feedback: (78)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Where to find Poulan/Craftsman parts??

www3.sears.com
Yes, thats www3.sears.com------thats the direct link to the parts page.

There is a link on the RIGHT side of the page for parts on lawn & garden equipment. Use this link and it will take you directly to the right page.

You can buy parts like cylinders, pistons, rods, rings very cheap through Sears & Rubish.

I have a couple of Craftsman/Poulan chainsaws. 54cc-- and you can buy a new cylinder for something like $40.

If you have the crankcase and the crankshaft- you can basically build a shortblock 54cc engine for under $150.

Look under the outdoor power equipment section. You need to have the model # of your saw/weedeater. It does take a little bit of digging, but you can find the parts there.

If you can't find what you need-- tell us what engine you are trying to find parts for. I had a link saved for sears. I can find it and post if you have trouble.

Hope this helps.
Old 11-25-2004, 09:09 AM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Rcpilet's directions are very good. But in my experience, in addition, you cannot get anywhere with Sears parts unless you have the model number of your Sears devices. It's difficult to get parts for Poulans themselves unless they are the Sears version with the Sears model number..

Enjoy,

Jim
Old 11-25-2004, 10:54 AM
Eagle Flyer

Yup that's it. Weird thing is, google couldn't find it till I put the www on the front. Thought it did it automaticly. Strange name for a major company's web page???????
All I want is the little cylindrical seal for the for the pulse port to the carb. Doesn't realy show it?
thanks for the help
Old 11-25-2004, 10:55 AM
Eagle Flyer

Forgot, I am refering to the 46cc chainsaw engine-------
Old 11-25-2004, 03:24 PM
zx32tt
My Feedback: (9)

In frustration, I called the 1-800 number for Poulan. The were able, after some digging to supply me with the correct bearings for the crank. Make sure you have the correct saw model number. They should be able to help. Hope this helps.
Z
Old 11-26-2004, 10:52 AM
oslim

Searched & found an online site for Sears Repair Parts. The site did not recognize the model number for my 24cc Blower/Vac ( 385.797290 ) but did give me a phone number
to call for assistance (1-800-366-7278 ).

The nice lady did recognize my model number and took my order for a Carb. Repair Kit and Operator's Manual, which I have received. She didn't understand why the online site didn't recognize my model number, but said that phone orders are separate from online orders.

The Operator's Manual shows the carb as " WA-229 ". It has a primer bulb and needle valve for idle mixture only. The blower is tagged as " 98 EPA/Calif " and has a plastic limiter cap over the idle needle. The Carb. Repair Kit appears to be for a complete overhaul with gaskets, diaphram, fuel bulb, filter, & metal parts. The Manual shows a second listed as " Gasket/Dia. Kit " which may be cheaper?

Does anyone have experience with a Calif. Carb calibration? The Manual says to push the primer bulb 12 times before starting, which seems like a lot compared to other engines I have had.
Old 11-27-2004, 02:19 PM
oslim

Please help: How do I submit a new question under "Weedeater Engine" Topics. I have been able to reply to other questions, but don't know how to submit my own. Thank you.
Old 11-27-2004, 03:17 PM
Eagle Flyer

Go to the catagory you want, for example "engine conversions" and directly above the listing is a link marked "New Post" that's what you want.
Old 11-28-2004, 08:22 AM
oslim

To Eagle Flyer: Thank you for reply.

I am still having trouble. When I search Topics for "Engine Conversions" , I get an index page of various questions, (yours included of course). This page has a group of yellow boxes: "FAQS", "NEW POSTS", etc. When I click on "NEW POSTS" , I get an index page of other new questions, but I don't see how to submit my own question.

Thank you for your patience.

PS: The paper in the Sears Carb repair kit indicates that it will fit the following carbs with different metering lever adjustments:

HDA, HDB, HDC

WG, WGA, WB

WA, WT, WTA,
WY, WYJ, WYK, WYL, WZ, WZM

SDC, WJ, WS
Old 11-28-2004, 10:28 AM
Eagle Flyer

Don't search. The yellow boxes aren't the ones you want. That's for searching for new posts, not making one. Go directly to the catagory you want. Directly above the list of posts in that catagory on the left is the link, "New Post"
Old 11-28-2004, 11:50 AM
av8tor1977
My Feedback: (6)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

oslim,

For example, go to the bottom of this page, where you click "Post Reply". Go to the right and click on "Engine Conversions". When that page opens with the list of threads and their subjects, look at the top left of the list. You will see a little box that says "New Post". Click on that, write in your subject, and type your post. (If you have a slow connection like I do, you may have to be patient and let the page load completely for that "New Post" box to show up.)

Also, I don't recommend spending money on a kit for your carburetor. You really need to find a carb with adjusment needles for both high and low speed.

Good luck,
AV8TOR
Old 11-30-2004, 03:22 PM
oslim

To Eagle Flyer & av8tor1977: Thank you for your help.
Old 12-03-2004, 03:28 PM
oslim

Can anyone suggest a part number for a 2-Needle carb to replace the WA-229 single needle? I would prefer to stay close to the 9.52 mm venturi size untill I get more experience tinkering with this engine. Thank you.
Old 12-11-2004, 02:13 AM
lgreub

Hello,

I am looking for a couple parts for a Craftsman chain saw. The saw is a 5.2/30", Model no. 358358810, Ser. no. S30013270. I need an oil pump plunger, part no. 23672, and also if I can get it, a worm gear, part no. 23673. These are for the automatic chain-oiling mechanism. I have been told by Sears Parts Service, both phone and on line, that these parts are no longer made and therefore not available. I am not sure who made that saw, maybe it was Poulan?

I am wondering if there might be a non-Sears source of such parts or a used parts source?

Thanks for any help.

Woody