Engine Conversions Discuss all aspects of engine conversions in this forum

broken longshaft

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2004, 04:21 PM
tatolazo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default broken longshaft

Hi:
YEP! My airplane went out of battery and the shaft of my 31 cc ryoby broken in twos.
I think will be easier to replace it for a new one with its position key to hold the wheel in place with the right degree set up. .
Where and how much for a spare one?? .
I could try outdoordoistributors.com, but there are so many stock numbers, i lost the model of the trimmer when threw away the rest of the trimmer so there is no chance to find a piece there, but any ryobi shaft will fit right??

Thanks
Old 11-30-2004, 09:15 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: broken longshaft

Either Ryobi shaft will fit the crankcase but long shafts are .375" and the short ones are .3125 dia on the outside of the crankcase. The long shaft flywheel will almost interchange to a short shaft crank but if you watch closely, the Long shaft flywheel has a bigger hole in it than the short shaft one. This will position the flywheel too far up on the engine and cause the ignition to missfire in some cases.

My experience is that it is cheaper to start over again with another engine than to buy any part. Every component seems to cost $40 USD?

The Ryobi's with clutches up by the engine were the long shaft ones. If they were direct drive or had the clutch down at the cutter head, they were short shaft.

Try Harbor Frieght, Cummins tool, or Northern for a factory certified engine?

Jim
Old 12-01-2004, 09:02 AM
tatolazo

Hi:
Well, mine was a short shaft, it only that is a kind of tedious try to find the exact pice in outsdoordistributors. May be in some other store I could order easily.
Hope this shaft has lower prices, the homie 25 factory reconditioned , like new in some cases,
are around $50

Thanks.
Old 12-01-2004, 09:33 AM
tatolazo

You see,
I went to outsoordistributors, downloaded the 700r model engine parts listings and drawings. The shaft is the number 180002.

I typed the part number and there is nothing relative to that piece at all.

They have some numbers in the drawings and parts listings, but their inventory says something completely different
Did you ever could order something from them anyway????

Tato
Old 12-01-2004, 05:26 PM
farley9n

Tato, If you are interested in a used crankshaft in good condition and don't mind whatever the shipping cost comes too I will be happy to send you one, (short or long style ) for $4.00. I have a lot of spare Ryobi pieces that I would like to get rid of..............Bob
Old 12-03-2004, 02:25 PM
tatolazo

farley9n:
Let`s do something:
I will list some parts I will need or just "want to have in case of..." you price them and then we talk about a total shipping price to Miami.
Just give some time to figure out what will i need.

Tato.