Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Engine Conversions
Reload this Page >

What did you do with all the left over parts from Ryobi Conversions?

Community
Search
Notices
Engine Conversions Discuss all aspects of engine conversions in this forum

What did you do with all the left over parts from Ryobi Conversions?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2004, 02:43 PM
Grendl9999

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What did you do with all the left over parts from Ryobi Conversions?

I am just wondering what you did with the left over Ryobi trimmer parts after your conversions?
Old 12-02-2004, 03:13 PM
gregmax

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: What did you do with all the left over parts from Ryobi Conversions?

Straight in the trash!!
Old 12-02-2004, 03:58 PM
Volfy
My Feedback: (23)

Default RE: What did you do with all the left over parts from Ryobi Conversions?

Echo and other "Pro"-grade weedie leftovers might find takers on E-bay or local lawn care service center. Consumer-grade stuff like Ryobi and Homelite can be taken care of the same day as your trash collection.
Old 12-04-2004, 09:13 AM
Sportflier

I made a recoil starter from the left over Ryobi bits.
Old 12-04-2004, 05:15 PM
Rcpilot
My Feedback: (78)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I've sold Ryobi parts on Ebay. Mufflers, coils, magnetos, even the head from the trimmer. Someone wants it for cheap, and you can make a couple bucks if your willing to go to the trouble.

I bought 5 used Ryobis for $100 from a small engine repair shop. So, $20 apiece. I then sold the mufflers, coils, trimmer heads, and a couple magnetos on Ebay and made almost $50 back.

A used Ryobi 31cc engine for $12-13 ain't too bad IMO.
Old 12-04-2004, 07:40 PM
4 stroken ron
My Feedback: (29)

Well Rcpilet I think you just saturated the market for used Ryobi parts. Now what are the rest of going to do with our junk?
Ron
Old 12-04-2004, 10:03 PM
SilverEagleBW
My Feedback: (1)

I paint them red,silver,gold and purple and hang them on my christmas tree in my airplane workshop.LOL!
Old 12-04-2004, 11:27 PM
Rcpilot
My Feedback: (78)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: 4 stroken ron

Well Rcpilet I think you just saturated the market for used Ryobi parts. Now what are the rest of going to do with our junk?
Ron
I'm tellin' ya bud, sell them on Ebay. There's always someone who wants a part for a Ryobi. Whether it be a gas tank, clutch, or a muffler-----as long as your not greedy and willing to sell it for a few bucks-- then you can easily recoupe some of your investment. The nice part about it is that these parts are perfectly usable. You don't throw them in the trash. Sell them and give someone a good deal on a part they really need. It keeps them from going in the landfill and your helping someone else out buy selling the stuff he needs for a cheap price. You both win in the end.

I've sold magnetos for $10 and gas tanks for $2-$3. Mufflers for $7-$10 Throttle assemblies for a few bucks and drive wire shafts for around $10.
Old 12-05-2004, 12:19 AM
Volfy
My Feedback: (23)

Trouble with nickle and dime sales on Ebay is all the shipping you've got to do. I can see offloading a whole pile full of Ryobi parts all at once and ship in a big box. Otherwise, it ain't worth the 11 trips to the post office.
Old 12-05-2004, 11:39 AM
Turbobeaver

That's why you sell it as a group lot,"all or nothing" and only have to deal with selling and shipping it once.Don't get to greedy about the whole matter and you'll still find yourself a potential buyer.Any more than that and I'd be just chucking it all in the dumpster myself.Eleven different wrapping and shipping jobs for a measely few bucks?Yup........that would do it for me.