Notices
Engine Conversions Discuss all aspects of engine conversions in this forum

REDMAX-Zenoah

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2005, 05:18 PM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default REDMAX-Zenoah

I have a RedMax Zenoah engine EB 431. Is this engine a ball bearing type or is it possible it has just roller type? It has a Walbro HDA 112carb. with 2 needles and a primer. Is this the carb that normally found on this engine. Looking in the ports...it is very good shape. 2 rings and lots of compression. Can any of you engine gurus give me more imfo? Thanks Capt,n
Old 01-28-2005, 10:25 AM
captinjohn

Default RE: REDMAX-Zenoah

Thanks...for all the input?
Old 01-29-2005, 08:34 PM
sides7
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cap'n
I'm no guru, but can maybe answer some of your questions. If you look on the Walbro site, it implys that two carburators were used on et EB431, ie WYK-67-1 & the one you have HDA 112-1 - both are cylinder type carbs but the WYK 67 doesn't have any needles - I can verify this as I had one of these carb's on the Redmax EB4401 I have converted. The closest I could come to EB431 on the redmax site is the EB4300. It has three bearings (two up front and one in the rear) and they look to be ball type. This is the same configuration as the EB4401. Hope this helps!
Sides7
Old 01-29-2005, 11:26 PM
captinjohn

Sides7: Tis good to hear from you. I am kinda researching more about this 431 I was working on. I used to visit my cousin and he let me use his mill. He passed away since. I miss him very much. He was a very nice person, always helping everyone that stopped in his shop. He lived about 45 min drive from me...and when going to see him the last few miles seemed like too long because I would be so axious to see him. I will try to post a little about him. He together with his sons held the worlds fastest Snowmobile speed record for 10 years. I was thrilled to see a 440cc engine screaming away on his dyno. It was something to behold. He made most all the tunned exhaust systems and did all the port work himself. He had a record book with all the data on each port job. Soon he worked out a formula for getting it right. Well I am back interested in getting that Redmax engine going now. Thanks for the reply. I think you must love engines like myself...and there are other nuts like us too!!! Could not attach file.... it is in my other computer. Will post it here another time. Capt,n
Old 01-30-2005, 03:57 AM
mikenlapaz

sides7
Just for reference, and my Google did not bring up a Redmax site, could you post the link you use to find data on them?
Old 01-30-2005, 12:31 PM
sides7
My Feedback: (9)

milkenlapaz
The Redmax site is : http://www.Redmax.com/ When you go to this site - to get to the goodies, select "Download" then select the RED highlighted words :"all of our files available for download" From there you can get the exploded views and parts lists for the various Redmax products (all have Zenoah engines).

Sides7
Old 02-13-2005, 11:59 PM
captinjohn

Also...read about the strato-charged engines. Kinda interesting!! Capt,n