Notices
Engine Conversions Discuss all aspects of engine conversions in this forum

echo

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2005, 12:37 PM
conkster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default echo

i have a chance to buy a echo chainsaw. it is 50 to 60cc`s , i think he said 58cc`s. he said the carb is attached to the case not the saw
he wents $50 for it. i`d like to put it on a omp 92" hybrid. is this a good conversion ? anyone making a carb adapter, prop hub, muffler & electronic ignition for it?
thanks , conk
Old 02-14-2005, 12:47 PM
ZAGNUT
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: echo

if you have the specific model number of the saw then a full parts diagram can be found on the echo site. this would tell you if the engine drops out of the saw body ready to use like the BME 44 and 50 or if the crankcase is integral and requires a lot of cutting/machining to convert

dave
Old 02-14-2005, 02:23 PM
conkster

thanks for the info dave. i got on echo`s website, but the model # didn`t match anything. it`s # is 60dvl . maybe it`s too old of a saw? thanks again, conk
Old 02-16-2005, 08:42 PM
conkster

well i bought it. it`s a 660evl . about 20 yrs old. $40 64.2 cc`s had to do alot of cutting on engine case. the cylinder has small fin`s on it. compared to my g-62 the cylinder is small. the bore is big so i`m sure it1s 64 cc`s. carb mounting is easy, it had a rubber boot & a plate the carb bolts to. i just made 2 little brackets to keep it from flopping around. the linkage might require a bellcrank. i have a machinest friend,i`ll ask him to make a prop hub for it, it will be about the same as the g-62`s. then the c-h ignition on it. i`ll have to figure out a mount for the pulse switch. probably use the front 2 cyl. bolts to bolt a bracket on then mount the switch & make it adjustable. i hope it pulls the hybrid around well. it seems fairly light i hope it makes good power, i might try & get a new piston & rings but the cyl. looks good.
wish me luck, conk