Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Engine Conversions
Reload this Page >

Wacker Engines still providing Consistent Great Service.

Community
Search
Notices
Engine Conversions Discuss all aspects of engine conversions in this forum

Wacker Engines still providing Consistent Great Service.

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2005, 09:41 AM
fwman1
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wacker Engines still providing Consistent Great Service.

Peter's website host is giving him fits. The site has been off-line too much lately. He is searching for an alternative host. I just spoke with him yesterday, and he is still working to provide necessary parts for conversion folks at good prices. I picked up a hub, a replacement carb, and velocity stack. Couldn't have been an easier deal, the service is fast, and the prices are right.

I wanted to give a plug to a great fellow, and make sure folks knew about his website woes. If the site isn't up when you check, he is still in business. You can do a google search and get his contact info quite easily.

Old 02-18-2005, 04:35 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Wacker Engines still providing Consistent Great Service.

ROGER on that!

It looked too windy to fly here today?

Hi,

Jim
Old 02-18-2005, 04:51 PM
fwman1
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wacker Engines still providing Consistent Great Service.

I flew three flights. It was quite windy, with it coming out of the north (crosswind into the face). Now that the Makita is humming, the plane never notices the wind. The smoke gets moved around in a hurry though. I'm having too much fun. The Ryan's Rebel can be slowed down to a crawl, then point the nose up-give it the gas and LOOK OUT. Screams up. I'm having to play the throttle a lot just because I'm afraid I'll overstress something, or get flutter. I wish I could go back tomorrow.

You wouldn't have been very comfortable. The wind chill made it feel cold, and blustery. The wind was definitely over 6-10. We guessed 10-20. I hope we can get together soon, so you can see the engine running correctly. A lot of the credit for that is yours.