Notices
Engine Conversions Discuss all aspects of engine conversions in this forum

Echo PB-1000 Blower engine

Old 07-07-2005, 07:13 PM
ramduster
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Echo PB-1000 Blower engine

I have a echo blower that I got the engine out of I think it is 21cc and would like to use it in my great planes PT-19 or an ultra stick 120 so which plane would it work best on. also where can I get conversion parts for this engine. I got the flywheel off and it is metal I read some threads that said that the flywheels on the echos are plastic don't know if that is good or bad. Any info about this engine would be of great help thanks.
Old 07-07-2005, 11:11 PM
davewallace
My Feedback: (29)

Default RE: Echo PB-1000 Blower engine

Hi,
Some are plastic with a metal core, while others are aluminum. Check the direction of rotation using the pull starter as a reference. If you use the mag ignition, you will need to know which way the engine turns. If you are going for electronic ignition or glow it doesn't matter. I have one from a Mantis tiller and it turns the wrong way(CW). I have to reverse and rekey the flywheel to get the timing right. Putting a plate on the back of the case for mounting should be a no brainer. The prop hub will depend on your engine. Pete at Wackerengines.com will fix you up if you call him in the AM and maybe e-mail a picture of the shaft area. I have seen 8mm and 6mm crank studs. Good luck.

Dave
Old 07-10-2005, 02:52 PM
ramduster
My Feedback: (2)

Thanks I will give Pete a call at wackerengines and see what we can come up with. so do you think this engine will work good on the ultra stick 120.
Old 07-10-2005, 05:31 PM
davewallace
My Feedback: (29)

Hi,
The engine should weight less then three pounds with mag ignition, even less with CH. It is the same engine used for the First Place 1.3ci engine. Of course they make compression and porting mods for more power. The stock engine should give you good performance with a 120 size airplane. Pete can provide a free breathing muffler also. A 9mm to 10mm carb will add power too. Stock is about 7.5 to 8mm.

Dave