Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Engine Conversions
Reload this Page >

turbocharged 25cc homelite whipper snipper

Community
Search
Notices
Engine Conversions Discuss all aspects of engine conversions in this forum

turbocharged 25cc homelite whipper snipper

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 09:27 PM
tkg
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: [Deleted]

Just a simple question . How you going to lube a turbo turning 90 gillizion RPM
Old 02-02-2008, 05:26 AM
miserygut

Default RE: turbocharged 25cc homelite whipper snipper

please guys can u help me out
Old 02-02-2008, 05:29 AM
miserygut

please guys can u help me out i got a old whipper snipper, i clean the carby out and attach new fuel line and even clean the ignition module, suddenly i ass peteol and gear oil then prime it then it doesnt work, i start it so many times but doesnt evev ignite, IM EXHAUSTED[]
Old 02-02-2008, 05:33 AM
miserygut

why does my whipper snipper doesnt work , i clkean out the carby and igntiton module but still doesnt work, is it becuz i prme it too much[]
Old 02-02-2008, 05:41 AM
miserygut

please help me i got a whipper snipper i clean out the carby and the ignition module and addd new fuel and gear oil and prime it many times and trying to start it, but it neva starts please SomeONE TELL ME!!!!!! is it becus the carby is wreck[sm=cry_smile.gif][sm=cry_smile.gif]
Old 02-02-2008, 06:56 AM
Flypaper 2

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you put the plug on top of the motor, do you see a spark.?? You will have to do it in the shade to see it. If you take the plug out and it's soaking wet, it's probably flooded. Does it have good compression.??
Old 07-04-2008, 01:11 PM
Yurkiw

I've been reading this stuff for about a week now. I am inspired by the turbo two stroke, whether it works or not, im making up my mind as I read and think...and read. I am in the middle of a rc boat using two weed wacker motors, and since seeing the turbo thing, im thinking i could too do something to increase the power. obviously, I'm not going to do something that will hurt the power, so i'm trying to figure this thing out. Its also my first real exp. with 2 strokes.
I loved the two rooms question, my thoughts are this: the power will be the same, as you will get more o2, but not increased density, so your power should go up slightly due to the increased intake pressure, but the increased room pressure will resist the exit of the exhaust.
I also think it IS possible to pressurize the cylinder when the exhaust port is open. Basically just force more are in than can get out... (technically speaking).
I should add this is my first ever post, but I would like to keep hearing this stuff, if there is a "new thread" on this, what does that mean, and where would I go to keep reading.
Old 07-20-2018, 08:50 PM
8MILLSNIPER007

I know this thread is very old but if your still playing around with a turbo you might consider your tuned pipe situation again. In your case a proper working tuned pipe is critical. This is why. A tuned pipe is designed to hold and actually push your fresh air/fuel charge back into the combustion chamber. Your turbo is going to try its best to blow your fresh air/fuel charge right out the exhaust port unburned. So a proper working pipe is really important in your case. I can tell you right now the pipe your running is not helping you at all. I do have plans for making a few different killer pipes for Homelites. If your interested in the plans let me know, I will email you them. They are pretty easy to make using sheet metal.
Old 09-16-2018, 04:43 PM
Balsa4evr

Originally Posted by Crusty
Steve, I'll take that as a yes then
The example you give of the wright brothers achievement is a great, but unfortunately it takes great talent, insight and perserverence to achieve such advances, not a couple of hours making something that looks like a working device but is actually just an artistic representation with little engineering thought or practicle implementation
then making wild power claims without even mentioning the measuring method just doesnt wash with me I'm afraid, to old and hairy arsed for that
The Wrights were just bicycle mechanic tinkerers who learned as they went along, ignored published lift tables and most other accepted theory, could keep a secret, and didn't give up..somebody hss to be the first to try so give the turbo can guy a break..I agree the guy needs a bunker and remote control for testing tho..