Notices
Engine Conversions Discuss all aspects of engine conversions in this forum

Rotated carb and now the rpm drops

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 10:26 PM
xrae

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rotated carb and now the rpm drops

Hey all I was doing some experimentation with my Homie 33cc. I didn't like how my "store bought" twister manifold didn't rotate my carb enough. So I made my own. However now I seem to have lost some rpm about 2900 to be exact. The new manifold is the same size as the bought one but I just can't seem to get the same rpms as before. Any Idea's what to look for?

P.S. sorry no pictures to show atm. The bought manifold is pictured in my other 33cc posts

Thanks,
Rick
Old 03-25-2007, 11:00 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Rotated carb and now the rpm drops

The carb has a regulator on one side. You probably have the air stream blowing on the regulator vent hole?
Old 03-26-2007, 12:30 AM
Rcpilot
My Feedback: (78)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Try covering the hole on the regulator side with a shield to see if thats the problem.

The engine could be going rich because of pressure through the hole pushing on the diaphram. Block the air pressure from going into the hole and that would stop the regulator diaphram from opening the main jet prematurely.

Just put a shield over the hole and run the engine for a few minutes. If that fixes it--then you need to solder in a brass tube and run a fuel line back in the fuse somewhere to let it breath normal air pressure.
Old 03-26-2007, 07:29 PM
xrae

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys going to give your suggestions a try