Notices
Engine Conversions Discuss all aspects of engine conversions in this forum

FREEBIE SURPRIZE!

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 07:27 PM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default FREEBIE SURPRIZE!

I picked up a couple of free engines at one of my stops. Got them home and decided to strip all un-needed pars to discard. The one was a Sears. I thought it was a 31cc Ryobi...but it said 25cc. Also the air volume and speed was printed on a sticker. Quite high figures. I had a heck of a time digging the engine out of all that junk plastic. I took the exhaust off...to my surprize it looked like new inside. Also the ports was of good size. It sure was a oil mess inside case. Then I noticed the cylinder was loose. It looked like it leaked from brand new and got more loose as time went on. I tightened the 2 cylinder hex bolts. Primed the carb and it started and ran on 2nd pull!!! Crome bore and 2 rings. It sure reved up quick too. The no 2 engine was a Ryobi with a nice looking piston excep for one area. I believe it has a stuck ring. I will look up the specks on the Sears later...it has a model no. Let us know about your finds! Capt,n
Old 05-03-2007, 07:31 PM
av8tor1977
My Feedback: (6)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: FREEBIE SURPRIZE!

My father in law gave me a Sears 32cc engine a while back. Looks a lot like a Ryobi but it's not. I gave it to a friend to put on his big Nitro Planes Tiger Moth. I have one of those with a Ryobi on it. When he gets his done, it will be interesting to see which has more power.

AV8TOR
Old 05-03-2007, 08:02 PM
00airman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was given an old bushwhacker which had a 21cc featherlight in it, was my first conversion and favorite. Complete it weighed 2lbs 13ozs.
Pulled a 65" p-51 nice, until I was shot down by an enemy dog fighter, he lost also.
Old 05-04-2007, 12:43 AM
rangerfredbob
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have two of those sears 32cc engines, I need to play with them one of these days... I have one stripped down, just need to make a prop hub and stuff...

I got a poulan leaf blower for free a month ago because it died while running on the guy because the jug screws backed out, spent an hour taking it apart and putting it back togheter and it started on the second pull... my brother got the mac 32cc weedie I have in my plane for $5 because of the same thing, died on the owner while running turned out to be the same issue. traded a bicycle for one of the sears 32's, a ryobi weedie and some other stuff, the ryobi didn't start because a mud dobber (type of bee that makes mud nests in all sorts of odd places) made a nest in the exhaust outlet... got a homie chainsaw with a 45cc or so (330 model) in trade for two bike frames, the guy couldn't get it started, so I pulled the diaphram from a homie 25 I have and put it in its carb and it started right up

I really need to get my lathe up and running...