Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Engine Conversions
Reload this Page >

Ryobi box style engine mount, what dimensions?

Community
Search
Notices
Engine Conversions Discuss all aspects of engine conversions in this forum

Ryobi box style engine mount, what dimensions?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 07:04 AM
The Raven

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ryobi box style engine mount, what dimensions?

I'm working on a plane to fit my Ryobi 31cc conversion to and I need an engine mount. The square alloy tube mounts look great and I'd like to make my own. Can anyone advise what size square tubing (box tube, whatever) is required for this? Is wall thickness an issue?

Thanks in advance
Old 05-18-2007, 09:49 AM
davewallace
My Feedback: (29)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ryobi box style engine mount, what dimensions?

Raven,
I get most of my aluminum for mounts from the scrap yard, so I don't have much control over hardness etc. What you are looking for is aome square stock. It may be available at a business that works with this type of material. If you find one you could get a few peices cheap. 3x3 inches or 75mm square would work for the mounting area of the rear cover. Two or three inches deep. Wall thickness would be 3/32" to 1/8" (2.25mm to 3mm). Here is a link where you can see what is required. You could always do it it the easy way. Just make a flat plate and either cut a hole in the firewall for the carb or make standoffs from wood dowels. The dowels should be about 3/4th inch diameter and the screws should go threw them and the firewall.

http://www.wackerengines.com/Ryobi.htm

Dave