Notices
Engine Conversions Discuss all aspects of engine conversions in this forum

Two engines both dead!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 07:54 AM
cdale03

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Two engines both dead!!!

I took apart two engines I had yesterday.
1- a little 19cc (weed eater brand ) leaf blower, piston connecting rod gualded and rubbing the case oh well no loss

2- Then a 25 cc leaf blower (craftsman) I really wanted this engine it was so light , set up for glow it weighted 2 lbs 13 oz with stock muffler..

I actually had it running once in the blower but when I took it apart the piston is gualded and the bore is slightly groved.. I guess no way to repair.. well repair cheaply that is...

How hard is it for people to mix two stroke oil really ARGGGGGG...n Sorry just venting.

Old 06-06-2007, 08:41 AM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Two engines both dead!!!

Keep looking for engines in small towns around in the area you travel. Sooner or later you will find lots of good engines...free. Make sure you buy some parts or give the guy $$ to buy a good dinner. They (engine repair men) do not make much on selling spark plugs ect!!!! Capt.n
Old 06-06-2007, 10:27 AM
cdale03

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have 5 roybi's to work on 2 running in equipment (3 Parts), but I really wanted this 25 cc craftsman to work seemed real light compared to the R's and the blower was looked like brand new.. Someone just run straight gas throught it I guess..
Old 06-06-2007, 10:39 AM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I've had several leaf blowers and weed whackers given to me because individual people knew I converted them. There has been nothing major wrong with the power head on any of them. Just throttle cable, fuel line, and carb trash.

An Echo 23.6 cc leaf blower
Two 32 cc Macs
One 28 cc Mac
One 25 cc Homelite
One 31 cc Ryobi
Old 06-17-2007, 04:04 PM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

w8ye: yup....thats the way I get engines too. Not much wrong with them at all!!!!! Capt,n