Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Engine Conversions
Reload this Page >

i just bought 4 Mac MB-290 on ebay where can i get conversions

Community
Search
Notices
Engine Conversions Discuss all aspects of engine conversions in this forum

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 03:30 AM
tinyhawk44

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i just bought 4 Mac MB-290 on ebay where can i get conversions

Old 07-02-2007, 04:46 AM
KenLambert
My Feedback: (107)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: i just bought 4 Mac MB-290 on ebay where can i get conversions

I have some mufflers for them
Old 07-02-2007, 11:41 AM
davewallace
My Feedback: (29)

Tiny,
If you bought the parts and did the assemble yourself, it will be much cheaper. If you have someone else do it, they will charge you for parts and time. Ken Lamert and Brillelli have done these in the past. Wacker engines also has all of the parts and kits for some. They are on the net also.

Dave
Old 07-02-2007, 06:21 PM
KenLambert
My Feedback: (107)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry I answered his question but my post was deleted I guess I shouldn't answer questions on this forum ,I seem to get repremanded , Wish I had a very popular name like a lot of these engine manufactures that answer questions.Kenneth
Old 07-02-2007, 07:21 PM
blw
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't want to get into an arguing match but you offered something from your business. I PM'ed you about it. You weren't reprimanded, just reminded about selling in the forums in a private message. If I had not done that, another moderator would have. I tried to take the friendly approach.
Old 07-02-2007, 07:34 PM
av8tor1977
My Feedback: (6)

So how does he go about getting the status of a manufacturer for "Manufacturer Support"? What are the guidelines? He is a manufacturer.

I agree we don't want to turn the forum into another "E-Bay". However, legitimate businesses ought to be able to answer questions. It just makes the hobby easier and more enjoyable when one can find what he needs...

AV8TOR
Old 07-02-2007, 07:54 PM
blw
My Feedback: (3)

Somebody can tell him.

The vendor can answer questions about his product, if asked. A vendor can't hijack a thread to post about his product. A non-banner vendor can only offer something once every 30 days, with some restrictions to graphics, etc. It is in the RCU rules at the top of the main forums page.

I agree that it can make things easier, but this is a double edged issue as some members are only on RCU to sell. I did what I did because of certain issues that isn't fair to discuss. I'll go on record to say that I thought the post was submitted with the right intentions.

One of the reasons the forums aren't bombarded with ads is that the rules are there. You may not have an idea of some of the things that vendors try to get past the rules. I saw ads for watches, shoes, and phones last week. They were removed quickly.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:21 AM
buck1856
My Feedback: (49)

what parts are you looking for.you can cut the fins off of your flywheel with a hacksaw or sawsall,i use both.then use a drill press with a sanding disc or a belt sander to flatten it and look nice.i just bought a lathe sunday to make hubs for myself to start .i do all my own with just basic hand tools.you only need a bellcrank for the throttle,dont have to have a special adaptor to rotate carb.motor mount is just a peice of aluminum flat sheet bolted to rear of engine.
Old 07-05-2007, 02:55 PM
rangerfredbob
My Feedback: (13)

you don't even need the plate for the motor mount, just use 4 nylon spacers of your length of choice, some 10-24 threaded rod cut to length and 4 10-24 nyloc nuts, just mount it directly to the firewall... I put a very thin aluminum plate on the other side of the firewall to even out force, just copied the bolt pattern over and cut a hole in the center to reduce weight, washers would probably be fine too...
Old 07-06-2007, 10:45 PM
buck1856

yup,forgot about that one.i use a flat plate and then make it into a basic looking T shape with all legs being the same length.its a lot easier to get down,right,up,whatever thrust you need using 3 points instead of 4.forgot to mention that.tinyhawk,you still havent mentioned what your looking for.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:42 PM
tinyhawk44

i just got my hands on my engines very nice!!!!! you guys have been great getting me info i need to atempt to convert them. how dose the flywheel com off and should the inside of the prop hub be threaded? any pics would be great
Old 07-10-2007, 12:21 AM
buck1856

heres a pic of my echo 24cc wich is a very close copy of the 25cc of yours.yes the hub should have threads on the inside.in the pic my echo i just used the flywheel cut out,then machined round and a magnet was installed for the ign then i screwed the hub on to it.in the pic it only weighs 3 lbs RTF.also i show my 28cc stihl.im showing these so all you have to do is make yours look like mine.the stihl has the ch ign on it.oh,forgot,to take the flywheel off just unscrew the black nut off a little,maybe 2 turns but not off threads completly.then tap flat screwdriver under flywheel and hit nut with a hammer,should pop off.do not take nut off and hit with a hammer or youll bugger the threads.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu60127.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	719865   Click image for larger version

Name:	Aw70394.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	719866  
Old 07-19-2007, 09:29 PM
tinyhawk44

my parts are on the way cant wait every thing else is done but i have a question can the inside of the stock carb be bored and how big
ill be posting all pics at once this is going in a 120 ultimate bi-plane
Old 07-19-2007, 11:08 PM
buck1856

Im not sure about boring one out but im sure it could be done a little bit.do a search here or somone will answer.i just get another carb.dont know numbers i just get ones with a number 24-27 in the intake hole of the carb.thats 10/64ths or roughly 10mm wich is what you want.but the engines you bought i also bought and they will spin up great as stock.you can make the one needle adjustable by cutting off the shroud around the needle and then putting a slice in it with a hacksaw or dremmel and then you can use a flat screwdriver to adjust.since its a single needle you cant do a lot of tweaking but it will run great as is.