Notices
Engine Conversions Discuss all aspects of engine conversions in this forum

Gas/Glow

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 10:59 PM
tstotts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gas/Glow

Thinking about converting my Magnum 120 4cycle to gas glow. Concerned about power loss. Any input on converting it will be appreciated.

Old 05-31-2008, 01:31 PM
aero nut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Gas/Glow

I have never converted a 4 stroke glow to gas/glow, but I did converted my Magnum 180 to gas glow, just make sure you use between 6-10 % oil content, what I did was to take the 20/20 glow fuel and used 1 part glow fuel with 2 parts 91 octane gasoline, this should give you about 6.66% oil content 6.66% nitro,20% methanol and 66.66% gasoline, you may add some extra oil if you wish if you want to bring it up to 10% oil, let us know how it works with the 4 stroke.
Aero Nut.
Old 05-31-2008, 09:43 PM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

With a 4 stroke engine...oil will collect in the crankcase. This is a good thing that may allow you to use less oil in the fuel. You will have to expeiment to find out. Best Regards capt,n
Old 06-01-2008, 07:54 AM
AMB

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

JUst engines in the UK now has a CDI ignition system looks quite good and appears to be about $80 after the dollar/GBP exchange it is shown running asp 80 4 STK THE 1/4-32 SPARK PLUG about an other $8 they are running 15/1 GAS OIL AT THIS POINT and claim twice the run times as glow fuel per tank martin

Have delt with them for years for my glow and diesel engines outstanding service
THe ASP and magnum and SC 4 strks are all the same just different name tags