Notices
Engine Conversions Discuss all aspects of engine conversions in this forum

Engine conversion give away..

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 12:55 PM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Engine conversion give away..

I have a few engines that are partly converted and will give them away. All I ask is for the shipping to be paid...free you pay shipping. I will post photos of them in about 3-4 days. When I post it will be first reply gets first choice. I have to much work to do on my 4 cyc Holt engine & other projects. Look at the link below...you will see the 4 cylinder holt I got to finnish. Capt.n http://picasaweb.google.com/rcnowjoh...PrVmo-eqsT1bw#
Old 10-17-2009, 01:05 PM
captinjohn

Default RE: Engine conversion give away..

If you went to the link in first post...the last Holt photos (after Grey Caterpillar) in the show is a Holt engine my friend made...not from castings. He done it the hard way??? He gives me very good tips on what how to do set-up ect. A very good machinist he is! Capt,n
Old 10-17-2009, 01:31 PM
donoisten

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, from what area of mi are you from, I'm in the holland/douglas area. I would be interested in the motors.

Thanks,
Don
Old 10-17-2009, 06:27 PM
captinjohn

Here is a link to that Holt engine in post #1 It shows the Holt engine being started...ect! Capt.n http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tl0nD1smbAg
Old 10-17-2009, 06:47 PM
captinjohn

ORIGINAL: donoisten

Hi, from what area of mi are you from, I'm in the holland/douglas area. I would be interested in the motors.

Thanks,
Don
I have to go by what I posted in post#1 I will post photos of all engines, flywheels, extra carbs...many extra screws...ect from the products the engine were in. Thanks Capt,n
Old 10-17-2009, 10:10 PM
TFF

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should finish the engine as an airplane engine instead of a flywheel like a WW1 Mercedes with a radiator like a Fokker D7.
Old 10-17-2009, 10:30 PM
Ralphbf
My Feedback: (27)

Thanks Capt,n

I'll take the Ryobi. The one you were trying to run on Gas, Glow.

We talked about it a few months ago, before your vacation.

Old 10-17-2009, 10:35 PM
Bradh2000

The Holt is off the hook Captn.

What are the details on that project[8D]
Old 10-18-2009, 03:13 AM
KI8FR

Hello cap't. send me a pm on what you got. I will be getting me some from ya for sure
Paul
Old 10-18-2009, 08:45 AM
bomberbill

Hi Cap. bomberbill here I have not seen your name in a while. I am looking for a G62 or equivelent engine have toy got on for sale or giveaway.

Bomberbill

PS you seem to be the expert on engine conversion TRUE???
Old 10-18-2009, 12:04 PM
donoisten

ORIGINAL: captinjohn

ORIGINAL: donoisten

Thanks,
Don
I have to go by what I posted in post#1 I will post photos of all engines, flywheels, extra carbs...many extra screws...ect from the products the engine were in. Thanks Capt,n
Ok, No problem... I must of read it wrong! So it said it is for my buddies only...lol
Old 10-18-2009, 06:22 PM
av8tor1977
My Feedback: (6)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have more than I know what to do with myself.... but thanks for the offer!

AV8TOR
Old 10-18-2009, 10:48 PM
nitro joe
My Feedback: (2)

I have a few engines that are partly converted and will give them away. All I ask is for the shipping to be paid...free you pay shipping. I will post photos of them in about 3-4 days. When I post it will be first reply gets first choice. I have to much work to do on my 4 cyc Holt engine & other projects. Look at the link below...you will see the 4 cylinder holt I got to finnish. Capt.n http://picasaweb.google.com/rcnowjoh...PrVmo-eqsT1bw#
I'm trying to wrap my brain around this...

You seem to be baiting a forum populated with bargain hunters,and motorheads with a promise of "free engines" that they cannot have quite yet.

In order to obtain said engine(s)they must "stay tuned" for three or four days,for you to get around to completing post #1 by adding the pictures.
ONLY at that time, can the member(s) "lucky enough" to be sitting around at the computer take one (or more?) of your engines/parts for the cost of shipping.

Do I have the gist of this game?

If I have it all wrong,please correct,and accept my apologies.
Old 10-20-2009, 02:56 PM
captinjohn

ORIGINAL: av8tor1977

I have more than I know what to do with myself.... but thanks for the offer!

AV8TOR
Hellow there av8tor, how ya doing? He is one of my cusomers. Now avator is the guy to find out what carb to use ect, ect ect. My problem is finding like new carbs & all the other stuff. I guess I got to much other projects and daily work on suff that keeps me too busy! You youg fast fellows...go for it. Conversions are interesting! Capt,n
Old 10-20-2009, 03:13 PM
captinjohn

ORIGINAL: nitro joe

I'm trying to wrap my brain around this...

You seem to be baiting a forum populated with bargain hunters,and motorheads with a promise of ''free engines'' that they cannot have quite yet.

In order to obtain said engine(s)they must ''stay tuned'' for three or four days,for you to get around to completing post #1 by adding the pictures.
ONLY at that time, can the member(s) ''lucky enough'' to be sitting around at the computer take one (or more?) of your engines/parts for the cost of shipping.

Do I have the gist of this game?

If I have it all wrong,please correct,and accept my apologies.
Well we went on a color tour monday, and some yard work today. I do have to post photos. [X(]I want to be as fair as I can. Seems like posting a notice that the day before I post photo I could set a time like 4pm....and see what happens the next day at 4? Its something like that or???? Golly I sure do not want to toss them[:-] Capt,n
Old 10-21-2009, 12:40 AM
KI8FR

Capt'n

That sounds like a good idea. Just set a time. Sounds like fun to me lol

Paul
Old 10-22-2009, 09:21 AM
captinjohn

2 REPLYS Because of bad weather not going to UP this weekend.[] May go to a swap meet. Ralfpb from California talked about getting a Ryobi and Ki8fr wants a Hommie and may meet me and he may take over the give-away program. NitroJoe, I just want to clean house of engines I will never have time to finnish....before my wife kills me! Capt,n P.S. Any other better Ideas...People jump in.[X(]
Old 10-22-2009, 03:56 PM
Ralphbf
My Feedback: (27)

You could put them on the big auction and spend the money this winter in Florida.
Old 10-24-2009, 11:11 AM
spaceworm

For whomever sets this up, I am interested in a 15-18-20-22 cc weedeater engine for conversion. I have 23 and 25 and 32 cc ones, but would like to put a CDI on a small one for 60 size sport plane. I would even pay for one of the small ones, I can't seem to find one around here. Thanks.

Sincerely,

Dick Smith
Old 10-24-2009, 03:53 PM
captinjohn

ORIGINAL: spaceworm

For whomever sets this up, I am interested in a 15-18-20-22 cc weedeater engine for conversion. I have 23 and 25 and 32 cc ones, but would like to put a CDI on a small one for 60 size sport plane. I would even pay for one of the small ones, I can't seem to find one around here. Thanks.

Sincerely,

Dick Smith
Dick, KI8FR ig going to meet me and take over the give away program. I will save the only small one for you. Please Give me a PM for details. Thanks Capt,n
Old 10-24-2009, 03:56 PM
captinjohn

ORIGINAL: Ralphbf

Thanks Capt,n

I'll take the Ryobi. The one you were trying to run on Gas, Glow.

We talked about it a few months ago, before your vacation.

Please PM me if you want a Ryobi. I can hold on too it, the one you talked about some time ago. Thanks Capt.n Capt,n
Old 10-24-2009, 07:28 PM
spaceworm

AHOY Capt'n, Please see my PM to you sent moments ago. Thank you, thank you ver' much.

Sincerely,

Dick
Old 12-13-2009, 01:40 AM
spitncobra
My Feedback: (1)

Captinjohn I was reading this incredible blog you posted about formulas for gas conversions do's and dont's It was sent to me in the form of a link.Before I could print it I lost the link .I have been searching and can't make it through the maze to find your hard earned wisdom concerning wackers to combo gas and glow.Also how to internally balance your
wacker engine.I have been sucessful so far with av gas and oil in my wackers(2 homelites) Does the flywheel act with centrfical force and help balance the engine.My email
[email protected] took me a lot of time to even find you
Old 01-20-2010, 09:33 PM
captinjohn

ORIGINAL: spitncobra

Captinjohn I was reading this incredible blog you posted about formulas for gas conversions do's and dont's It was sent to me in the form of a link.Before I could print it I lost the link .I have been searching and can't make it through the maze to find your hard earned wisdom concerning wackers to combo gas and glow.Also how to internally balance your
wacker engine.I have been sucessful so far with av gas and oil in my wackers(2 homelites) Does the flywheel act with centrfical force and help balance the engine.My email
[email protected] took me a lot of time to even find you
PM me sometime and we can try to figure out the details. I have not been converting engines much anymore...kinda have to many oher projects to try & finish. When you PM me give me your phone no...I will call you. Capt,n
Old 01-21-2010, 02:23 PM
spitncobra
My Feedback: (1)

cap I received your post about a give away.I sure could use some parts ,carbs any sort nuts bolts.I have dedicated a great deal of time to conversion and I am so enjoying my quest.I can paypal you some money for freight let me know .Whats left that is useful.I am mostly working with ryobi poulan 25to31cc a any help would be appreciated.you have already helped us all so much we are flatland flyers in goodland Kansas and I thank you for your knowledge.You must be cleaning house making room.Thank you have a great day

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.