Go Back  RCU Forums > Classifieds & Marketplace > Engines - All
Reload this Page >

Saito FG 19R3 problems

Community
Search
Notices
Engines - All Listings by RCU members of personally owned motors and engines for sale.

Saito FG 19R3 problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2024, 07:16 PM
jmiller1066

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saito FG 19R3 problems

I'm having lots of problems with my 19R3. It is pretty new, maybe a little over an hour running time. It runs great on the first flight of the day and then will only run on two cylinders on the next try. I have adjusted tappets, set the tank fuel line to carburetor even with the carb, below the carb, a little above, all over with no changes. It it always the lower left cylinder that will not run, it stays cold. I used 94 octane pure gas & red line oil 20-1. I have it out front on a steerman so cooling is not an issue. Sent it back to Horizon and they said it was a set-up issue. It has a ring exhaust. I even adjusted the tappets out at the field with no changes. I'm stumped, all my club friends are stumped. Several have said they got rid of their radials because they were so hard to get running right. Does anyone have any suggestions or advice? Does anyone know contact information of anyone who works on saitos? I heard someone did some modifications on them to help run better, ever heard of that guy? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, jm
Old 03-10-2024, 11:40 PM
mlj3
My Feedback: (95)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Try contacting Ray English in Sparks NV. I will send you his # in a PM he does the Saito Mods, I have a Saito R3 90 which probably what you meant to say that I bought from a gentleman who says it runs great and doesn’t need any mods ? I haven’t ran it yet You can also look up C&H Ignitions they are in Florida, I sent my UMS 50cc radial to them last summer it had only been ran from the factory but I wanted to make sure it was right before I ran it. He ran it for sent me the video.It is still sitting in the box I haven’t ran it yet ?

Last edited by mlj3; 03-11-2024 at 06:55 AM.