Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Honey Bee 2 trimming problems

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

Honey Bee 2 trimming problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 06:56 PM
spoonerrw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honey Bee 2 trimming problems

hello everyone,
i am new to this forum and new to electric helicopters. have flown r/c airplanes for years but heli's are another animal! i have a 4 channel fixed pitch Esky Honey Bee 2, 2.4ghz and i cannot get it trimmed out correctly. out of the box... it spun in clockwise circles on the floor. i had to set the rudderproportion3/4 the way up, the gainall the way up, and ruddertrim all the way to the leftin order to prevent it from spinning in clockwise circles. it isn't perfect, but fairly stable, sorta, but no room for anymore adjustments. once i was able to fast idle it on the floor with minor difficulty, it wants to slide sideways to the left and a bit forward? i can adjust most of this with the trim for the elevator and aileron, but i can tell that if i try to lift off, the front right skid raises up which means it will probable flip? not sure what to do to trim it out and am hoping someone here can give me some advice on how to do this correctly. it also had some double impression on the main rotor blade, but i twisted that out according to Esky's instructions and it looks good now.
thanks in advance!
Old 12-03-2011, 06:40 AM
spoonerrw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Honey Bee 2 trimming problems

update...
i put the gain and proprtional on the 4 in 1 mixer back to center which is where it was out of the box and the clockwise spinninghas stopped on its own with the rudder trim all the way left. no tail wobble of any kind, so this is good. not sure why nowbut not before, but ok. i can lift it off the ground briefly, but it still slides left and slightly forward. not sure if this is a trim, balance, or simply an issue with the main rotor blades themselves?