Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

Honey Bee Parts

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 11:06 PM
radlo13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honey Bee Parts

I broke the thing that hold the rotor to the flybar thing together so that they move with each other. I was looking through sites the part runs around 1.50 to 3 dollers but the shipping is all around 7.99 + does any one know of any sites which sell the parts with not such a high shipping price for such small parts?
Old 05-06-2007, 11:35 PM
radlo13

Default RE: Honey Bee Parts

Which parts most commonly breaks that i should also buy spares of?
Old 05-07-2007, 08:59 AM
anddi

Radlo13, Good luck finding better shipping prices. If you find something better please let me know as well. I have not broken anything but the main rotor holder as you have. I think there is a problem with the manufacturing because every time one breaks it is always the same one and never the other one. The one that breaks on every flight for me is the right hand side.

www.helihobby.com has lots of upgrades and some they say will fit our heli but you have to call them. I have a call in now and ask them to email all upgrades that is metal and that would fit our heli along with the part numbers. When they let me know something I will post it here for you. I kinda think the problem is in the manufacturing and we just purchased a cheap heli. However it could be worse, that’s the only part that is breaking on mine.

I am investigating all metal heli’s. I think I am going to bite the bullet and spend the money. I just don’t know what one to buy yet. If anyone has any suggestions please chime in.
Old 05-07-2007, 09:18 AM
thedunemaster

Hello
I just guessing your heli is the CP2 version. If it is I would suggest getting an Alunium head it is like $74 with $10 ship.
I have had many crashes and never broken any head peices since i installed it.
I got mine from http://rc-expert.com/product-access.php?pid=108

Also many of the parts are interchangable between the Eflight blade CP and CP Pro. You can interchange the entire head with Blade CP Pro and then have exact part available at local hobby shop.
Check your local hobby shop and just compare your broken peice to the blade cp parts. You may find what you are looking for.
Old 05-07-2007, 09:21 AM
thedunemaster

Here are some pics of the head
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us53460.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	679453   Click image for larger version

Name:	To45504.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	679454   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uz70059.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	679455  
Old 05-07-2007, 09:24 AM
Whirley Bird
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't buy what I need at the moment.
I buy everything I think I will need.
So far all I needed for the Honey Bee King were spare blades.
I buy from Heli direct.
I paid close to $100.00 for parts and a battery and sjipping was only $5.40
Vegas/
ORIGINAL: anddi

Radlo13, Good luck finding better shipping prices. If you find something better please let me know as well. I have not broken anything but the main rotor holder as you have. I think there is a problem with the manufacturing because every time one breaks it is always the same one and never the other one. The one that breaks on every flight for me is the right hand side.

www.helihobby.com has lots of upgrades and some they say will fit our heli but you have to call them. I have a call in now and ask them to email all upgrades that is metal and that would fit our heli along with the part numbers. When they let me know something I will post it here for you. I kinda think the problem is in the manufacturing and we just purchased a cheap heli. However it could be worse, that’s the only part that is breaking on mine.

I am investigating all metal heli’s. I think I am going to bite the bullet and spend the money. I just don’t know what one to buy yet. If anyone has any suggestions please chime in.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:41 AM
anddi

Great information. Thanks! I have the FP Honey Bee. So the Blade CP parts will fit it? Even though I have broken only the Main rotor head where the right ball link goes I would love to have everything in the working area metal. I would like to stay with FP right now I think though because I have not advanced to CP yet. Hey could that be my problem? I have heard of people who could not fly FP as easy as CP. Thanks for the info. Any suggestions on FP upgrades?
Old 05-15-2007, 02:20 PM
drphoto

anddi, you've made a great choice if you are just starting w/ the FP Honeybee. Very nice trainer. The part I routinely break in hard crashes is the top main rotor plate. (the link balls snap off) I've gotten parts from Xheli, and some other place I can't think of right now.

The FP is MUCH easier to fly than the BCP. Also easier to setup and repair. The FP is a (again) a nice trainer. The CP is NOT!

FP helis will not handle any wind however. They tend to 'sail' if upwind, then if you cut power they drop like a stone. This might be why some people think they are hard to fly.

Learn to fly this under control in all orientations, and if you still love helis...then get a Trex. Save yourself the flustration that comes w/ Blades, etc.

BTW: I put superlandingskids on mine, now I don't break skids anymore.
Old 05-15-2007, 03:56 PM
Whirley Bird

You can buy the whole linkage set for $9.00 from Helidirect.com/
I think shipping will be $5.40
Check this link.
They show all the NBK p[arts
http://www.helidirect.com/index.php?cPath=38_67
Vegas/
Old 05-15-2007, 09:22 PM
anddi

Hmmmm thats my problem then. I will be flying well and a gust and I don't mean alot of wind, just a little wind will take the copter from my control. Alos it seems my motor is not as strong as it once was. Trex huh? Well should I stay with an FP for awhile? I have learned to fly ok, meaning I only crash if a gust comes over and takes it from me. Otherwise I am doing ok.
I am enjoying the hobbies very well these days and I want to build my way up to a larger scale heli. I know I need to move slow though or it could be costly. Suggestions?
Thank you so much for your information.
Old 05-15-2007, 09:40 PM
Whirley Bird

I would upgrade slow and go with the VER # 2 Honey Bee King with the belt drive/
Take a look at it on the helidirect web page.
They also have an upgraded set of landing gear
I called today and that should be in stock in less then 2 weeks.
Another nice bird in the Falcon.
I think KA-Planes is going to sell them for $240.00
I have 2 at that price and if he's going to sell them off for that same price aginin then i'll have 3 Falcons.
To me the Falcon is as big as I want to go because after that those small parts get pricy.
But big RTF fixed wings are cheap
Vegas/
Old 05-17-2007, 07:38 PM
JAG Hobbies

We charge $3.00 shipping for all E-sky Honey Bee parts (no matter how many you buy). Here's a link to our parts:

http://www.jaghobbies.com/rc_cars/rc_planes.htm

Jim
JAG Hobbies
www.jaghobbies.com
Old 06-07-2007, 07:25 PM
Whirley Bird

WOW!!
Glad the mod told me about moving my post.
I guess I never did any searching and never saw the E-sky thread here.
Anyway Jag hobbies has tons of parts and has the best prices on every thing.
Old 05-12-2008, 10:55 AM
brooy

[link=http://www.helipross.com]helipross[/link]has lots of upgrades and very cheap ex:[link=http://www.helipross.com/align-trex-600-kits-c-18.html]T-Rex 600[/link]
[link=http://www.helipross.com/align-trex-450-kits-c-23.html]T-Rex 450[/link]
[link=http://www.helipross.com/align-trex-500-kits-c-20.html]T-Rex 500[/link]
i get a trex-600 np is 489usd very cheap
Old 05-12-2008, 11:31 AM
nuttcaze

Sorry, no offense to Jag Hobbies, but those aren't the best prices on HBFP parts