Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Honeybee King v2 tuner shop

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

Honeybee King v2 tuner shop

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 04:08 PM
betapilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Honeybee King v2 tuner shop

Man buddy I have not tried them personally on a f/p or a cp2, but I have heard of people using them on the f/p and saying they do very well. I actually have been running one on a Jeep (blade cp) that is heavily re-organized and oddly enough it has done very well also, it runs very cool and has probably 60 hours on it. I would not trust them on anything worth any money, lol, just in case you know. If you would like a couple to try I would be glad to send them out to you buddy, just let me know.
Old 04-04-2008, 04:43 PM
Optimus110103
My Feedback: (5)

hey Rusty now that I think about it, If you still have any when the time comes, I will go ahead and take as many of those stock motors and speed controls as you are willing to send me. I have an idea for a multi engined boat that I can use them for and if it works I am going to make as many as I can. i have a huge supply of balsa. so it shouldn't be hard.
Old 04-04-2008, 11:59 PM
Hati

Any ideas guys where I can order (online with OS delivery) servo plugs? I want to shorten the servo leads to tidy up bird, but could not find any after considerable googling.
Old 04-05-2008, 02:41 AM
tvarvais

Hati, I am currently stationed in Iraq. I find that can get most of what I need from Helihobby. addy follows: http://www.helihobby.com/html/esky_helicopter.html

Frenchy
Old 04-05-2008, 03:54 AM
Hati

Cheers Frenchy.
Old 04-05-2008, 09:53 AM
makaluch

Well guys...I'm out. I'm selling the HBK2 so if you guys know anyone interested feel free to holler with a respectable offer. I'm workin on pics this weekend.

With or w/o Esky3800kv BL, with or w/o telebee HH gyro...needs swash and vertical tail fin (it moved forward and blades clipped the top). Well taken care of, nice minor upgrades and mods. Tuning will be off after the swash is replaced. It ticked me off when the ball end popped off of the swash when removing linkage to fine tune tracking.

So yeah...sorry to leave the HBK2 community, but I'm still flying! Havin a blast with the Trex500!
Old 04-05-2008, 11:59 AM
Rosebud6

60 Degrees and 1mph wind.
Of course the day we have perfect weather....I'm waiting on parts. Got a telebee and a spare airframe on the way. WHOO HOO.

Happy flying.
Old 04-05-2008, 12:37 PM
crashcrash

ORIGINAL: Rosebud6

60 Degrees and 1mph wind.
Of course the day we have perfect weather....I'm waiting on parts. Got a telebee and a spare airframe on the way. WHOO HOO.

Happy flying.
Pretty nice here too and my gyro is screwing up.....go figure (but I got a spare!!!!).
Old 04-05-2008, 12:59 PM
Zimatosa

For the Blade 400 gear I thought I read something about having to redrill a hole in the shaft but not sure if it was for that or not. Is there anything I have to do to get this thing to really be ‘drop in’ replacement?
I have been using the B400 Main gear ever since I started flying (only a few months) and saw Blusaber fly his King2 on youtube! After chewing the crap out of 3-4 main gears, I finally figured out what makes it happiest. Just use the B400 Eflite pinions as well and your King will be happy...Never use the Align pinions on this set...

Well guys...I'm out. I'm selling the HBK2 so if you guys know anyone interested feel free to holler with a respectable offer. I'm workin on pics this weekend.

With or w/o Esky3800kv BL, with or w/o telebee HH gyro...needs swash and vertical tail fin (it moved forward and blades clipped the top). Well taken care of, nice minor upgrades and mods. Tuning will be off after the swash is replaced. It ticked me off when the ball end popped off of the swash when removing linkage to fine tune tracking.

So yeah...sorry to leave the HBK2 community, but I'm still flying! Havin a blast with the Trex500!
Come on man! you can get the titanium turnbuckles for 7 bucks and never have to take them off again for adjustment! You have come so far to give her up......This scenario looks so familiar to me, anyone? Oh yah.....Subzzzzero on Youtube gave up that same way, on video, for a Trex... Hmmm?

The noobs 2 cents...
Old 04-05-2008, 01:21 PM
reel109

Hi Guys,
I am trying the XTREME Production blades for the first time. Should I leave the silver and blue stickers on them or remove them?
Jim
Old 04-05-2008, 01:28 PM
Optimus110103
My Feedback: (5)

You have to leave the stickers, if you take them off, you lose massive amounts of lift, and the blades get really loud. if you do take them off because you don't like them cover the holes with clear packing tape or something.
Old 04-05-2008, 01:37 PM
chris1379

ORIGINAL: reel109

Hi Guys,
I am trying the XTREME Production blades for the first time. Should I leave the silver and blue stickers on them or remove them?
Jim
Never, never, never push the RED button...........or remove the silver and blue stickers. They make the airfoil of the blades. You may also have to adjust your throttle and/or pitch curve a little. The Xtreme blades weigh more and might need a little extra power. For the same reason, don't let the headspeed get too high or things could come apart. They do make for a nice stable heli and are very hard to break. Oh, and watch the feathering shaft. Other people have said you can bend the feathering shaft without a blade strike on these but I haven't done it.

Chris
Old 04-05-2008, 01:46 PM
chris1379

If anyone is interested, you can replace the main blade grips with the [link=http://www.ushobbysupply.com/product_info.php?cPath=31_38&products_id=169]BELTCP - EK1-0515 - Main Blade Grips[/link]. The metal balls take some slop out of the head for better tracking. I'm also using the blade 400 composite/aluminum swash for the same reason. I still have a little tracking error but it's much more consistent. I imagine the [link=http://www.ushobbysupply.com/product_info.php?cPath=31_40&products_id=474]XTREME - ESK002 - HBK2 TI Turnbuckles[/link] will completely fix it but it's fine for now.

Chris
Old 04-05-2008, 02:08 PM
Zimatosa

Hey Guys...

So, I am finally going to order the "bling" aluminum CNC Metal Upgrade Parts for the HBK2. Since every part by itself is expensive, I am going to buy wholesale (with my license and tax I.D.) and then pass on the savings to whom ever wants it. I am not trying to make a mint on this deal, just helping others through helping myself....The price shipped to you will be somewhere around $95.00 if you live in the US, if not then will be more. Here is what it will include:

1.Esky Honey Bee King 2 Collect Set Metal Upgrade EK5-0201
2. Esky Honey Bee King 2 Washout Assembly Metal Upgrade EK5-0202
3.Esky Honey Bee King 2 Swashplate Set Metal Upgrade EK5-0203
4.Esky Honey Bee King 2 Central Holder Set EK5-0208
5. Esky Honey Bee King 2 Tail Gear Box Metal Upgrade EK5-0398
6.Esky Honey Bee King 2 Aluminum Tail Rotor Grip Holder EK5-0211

This will not happen tomorrow either. I believe I could have the parts by April 14th and start shipping tax day. Please, if you are interested, email me at [email protected] and put CNC in the subject. After you email me, I will keep in contact with you from my personal email and NOT HERE, that way you will know the exact details of when to order and how much. I would not want any money until I have the parts....I want to get a feel for how many to order so I don't get stuck with a bunch of extra kits. ModaPets.com is my business in case you are wondering about the email. I am experienced in shipping local (US) and worldwide . I am Located in California and can except all major credit cards from my website.

Thanks

Jim
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om33850.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	134.2 KB
ID:	922378  
Old 04-05-2008, 06:13 PM
Rosebud6

I bought a house about a month ago, aroud the same time i bought my HBK2. Tore out the kitchen and put in hardwood floors. I'm out in the garage working on my kitchen cabinets, look across the street and what do I see? 2 guys breaking out their Trex 450 V2's. I thought 'how cool is this'. Now I got someone to fly with. The real strange part is one of the guys works in the same place I do and flys during on his breaks. Just found my new lunch break.
Old 04-05-2008, 06:25 PM
crashcrash

ORIGINAL: Rosebud6

I bought a house about a month ago, aroud the same time i bought my HBK2. Tore out the kitchen and put in hardwood floors. I'm out in the garage working on my kitchen cabinets, look across the street and what do I see? 2 guys breaking out their Trex 450 V2's. I thought 'how cool is this'. Now I got someone to fly with. The real strange part is one of the guys works in the same place I do and flys during on his breaks. Just found my new lunch break.

LMAO........that's funny.
Old 04-05-2008, 07:18 PM
GTX SlotCar

Now that's the kind of story we all like to hear. I suppose the next update is that they're into woodworking and are helping you with the cabinets
Old 04-06-2008, 05:34 PM
Bones27

Hi Guys, I have read all 155 pages (bookmarked quite a few) of this thread and can’t wait to get my hands on a King 2. First let me say to all that have served (and there are quite a few on here) thank you! I am working on 24 years active duty myself. Second thank you for all the informative post and the countless hours you spend helping others out. It’s always easier starting out with a good knowledge base of what works and what doesn’t. I also see some fellows from the Falcon 40 thread in here, how’s it going guys? My plan is to purchase a King 2 with the 3100kv motor, Hobbywing 25A Pentium ESC with programming card, 43T belt upgrade, Align 9, 10 and 11T pinion set, Deans connectors, pitch gage, two 5.5 mm nut drivers and the DX6i TX with AR6200 RX. I already have tools, sim, training gear and all that kind of stuff. I do understand that this is a mild setup which is fine, no 3D here, just putting around the park. With that said have I missed anything that I would need to start flying after proper setup of course? Thanks again guys!
Old 04-06-2008, 05:51 PM
osterizer

Just a set of spare parts, if your LHS doesn't carry them.
Old 04-06-2008, 05:53 PM
Bones27

Osterizer, got it and I know I will need them. Thanks
Old 04-06-2008, 06:08 PM
makaluch

Welcome aboard, Bones!
Old 04-06-2008, 06:25 PM
Bones27

Makaluch, Thanks for the welcome aboard!
Old 04-07-2008, 07:30 AM
canniscam
My Feedback: (1)

Egads,

Well it happened...

I was doing some light hovering at about 6' - 8' when the grub screw backed out of my pinion. The pinion slipped down binding against the spur and the whole thing dropped like a rock.

I lost my tail boom, main spur, a mixing arm, grub screw, main rotor blades... ...all in all not so bad. This gives me an excuse to go out and get some new parts..

Casey
Old 04-07-2008, 09:53 AM
lohchief

ORIGINAL: canniscam

Egads,

Well it happened...

I was doing some light hovering at about 6' - 8' when the grub screw backed out of my pinion. The pinion slipped down binding against the spur and the whole thing dropped like a rock.

I lost my tail boom, main spur, a mixing arm, grub screw, main rotor blades... ...all in all not so bad. This gives me an excuse to go out and get some new parts..

Casey
Better get yourself some blue(#242)loctite.Cheap insurance for them nasty little grub screws.

Makaluch,where have you been? Congrats on the 500 bro.As for me,I will never get rid of my king II,but when I'm finaly finished with it,it will be 450's all th' way,with the king on a shelf.

Welcome Bones27.Good bunch here,,,,,all heavily addicted to machines that beat the air into submission.
-lohchief
Old 04-07-2008, 10:52 AM
crashcrash

Hey chief...glad to see you post again. Working on a bell-222 fuse with retracts and ran into PROBLEMS (LOL), it's a freaking BRICK (I thought the Huey was bad). I did fly it, but could only pull a 4ft hover.......got some work to do here.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	If10559.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	123.0 KB
ID:	924104   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yt61540.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	924105  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.