Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

V4 Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 06:32 AM
OldScaleGuy
My Feedback: (2)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default V4 Question

Have any of you increased the throw on the servos by replacing the servo arms? I am new to helis but after flying the V4 for a while it seems like it would fly better with more servo throw. There are times when I am using full stick input and still not getting it to respond quickly enough. It was great at first but now I would like to step it up a bit. If changing the servo arms is the answer what brand servo arms will fit? Thanks.
Old 09-01-2007, 01:41 PM
mrasmm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: V4 Question

I'm not sure exactly how that head works on the v4, but if you can stiffen it up a little by putting harder o rings in it or something or bearings, that helps alot. Also move the flybar weighs in and that will increase your cyclic motion. The one thing about getting longer servo arms is it might cause some binding if the head is not designed for that much travel. Pretty much any servo arm for a micro servo should work, such as the ones for Hitec hs55's and your LHS should have all of that stuff.
Old 09-02-2007, 05:28 AM
Jetskeeter

I noticed the same thing in a slight breeze. The heli would not respond to forward cyclic input and almost hit me in the face. I see the servo horns are cut off. I was thinking the same thing but was concerned about blade strikes cause the blades cone slightly at high rpms. It's worth trying though. I just ordered some Xtreme blades, they are supposed to make a difference because they have more cone shape to them. Seems like it's gotta be pretty calm to fly the V4.
Old 09-02-2007, 06:03 AM
OldScaleGuy

Thanks for the input fella's. Please let me know how you like the X Treme blades. Where did you order them?
Old 09-02-2007, 06:47 AM
PaulG-RC

I did install 2 E-Flite servos with longer arms, had to cut the body a bit to let the arms out but big difference in control and yes it has to be very calm outside to fly it.
So now I keep the Lama V4 for inside and the HBK2 for outside
Old 09-02-2007, 03:28 PM
Jetskeeter

I ordered the Xtreme blades from miracle mart. I also ordered Xtreme ball bearing motors and heat sinks. I haven't received them yet but any day now. Lots of owners who did the upgrade say it makes quite a difference plus the Xtreme blades are extremely crash resistant. I've replaced more V4 blades than I can count when I was learning.
Old 09-02-2007, 05:00 PM
OldScaleGuy

Thanks for the info. Very interested in how your upgrades work out. Please provide an update when you can. I agree it has to be very calm to be able to fly it outside. Usually early morning or late evening in our area for any calm air at all.