Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

........."BELT-CP THREAD"........

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

........."BELT-CP THREAD"........

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 10:40 AM
shamama

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ........."BELT-CP THREAD"........

hay bionicbone just found out that hs55's control horn fits, and is of much better build,and happen to have one stting around so no more flex. and by the way thnaks for all your help. And a happy NEW YEAR to you and EVERONE on the thread.
Old 12-30-2008, 11:03 AM
billmay
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: shamama

And a happy NEW YEAR to you and EVERONE on the thread.
Same to you. Hope you have that CNC head straightened out now.

Bill
Old 12-30-2008, 11:48 AM
Fly To Chill
My Feedback: (20)

I just put my hs50 on my belt cp for my tail servo ,I,m uesing a dx6i and i need to reverse it ,can someone tell my how ,I reversed the swash servo uesing the swash mix but dont know how to reverse the tail servo. thanks
Old 12-30-2008, 11:54 AM
USHobbySupply

reverse channel 4, rudder
Old 12-30-2008, 12:01 PM
Fly To Chill

ORIGINAL: USHobbySupply

reverse channel 4, rudder
What is the best way to go about it.
Thanks u Mike
Old 12-30-2008, 12:05 PM
Fly To Chill

Is it under the setup menu if so i think i got it. Thanks again Mike
Old 12-30-2008, 12:40 PM
USHobbySupply

no problem
Old 12-30-2008, 12:46 PM
shamama

hay billmay everything seems ok havent really flown all that much its been really windy.tryed to fly yesterday but was having a little trouble with the tail spining on me so had to work that out first,but all seems good know.
Old 12-30-2008, 12:50 PM
bionicbone

ORIGINAL: billmay

ORIGINAL: bionicbone
I've just got some plastic blades form USHobbySupply. I've not had to change over yet as my current Esky's are still ok and tracked up that well I dont wanna mess ( + its top flying weather here at the mo so dont wanna waste any time ). I'll post back once I try them but for the price, well basically they are cheaper than what I pay for esky blades so they have to be worth a try.
[link=http://www.ushobbysupply.com/product_info.php?products_id=305&osCsid=eba491d8a26a1a2c7969d975c4280ef8]USHobbySupply - Plastic Blades for Belt-CP[/link]
Those do work but the plastic blades flex more than the other types. Also, those are quite a bit shorter than the normal blades so your headspeed will be quite a bit higher. Many like them but I've found that fiberglass blades are a better compromise for me. YMMV.

Bill
It’s gone dark now so I'm just doing the usual end of day stuff and i'm going to fit those plastic blades. They do look like they are going to flex more and they are only 295mm so that’s going to alter the stability a little. I Think I can fly well enough to cope with that now but from recent posts on here the general understanding is that the 325mm blades are better (Standard are 315mm), from memory I think you prefer 325mm Bill. Anyways I bought them now so I’ll give them a test flight.

Hey I can fly around me in a smooth and constant circle now both clockwise and anti-clockwise, its been one good day with 5 outings lasting 20mins flight time each (2 batteries). I must admit to having had two "Whoops" moments but using the "height is our friend" approach from previous posts all was well and I recovered before I hit the green stuff .
I think, although the optician says I have perfect eyesight that my main problem is going to be one of orientation. Even at distances that are still quite close I feel I’m struggling to tell its orientation, the training gear is not helping in this situation. Maybe I need some lights or bright colours so I know when its rear in.

Anyways a big decision has been made, so fingers crossed for me guys and girls, tomorrow is my first fly without training gear. [&:]
Old 12-30-2008, 01:23 PM
billmay

It’s gone dark now so I'm just doing the usual end of day stuff and i'm going to fit those plastic blades. They do look like they are going to flex more and they are only 295mm so that’s going to alter the stability a little. I Think I can fly well enough to cope with that now but from recent posts on here the general understanding is that the 325mm blades are better (Standard are 315mm), from memory I think you prefer 325mm Bill. Anyways I bought them now so I’ll give them a test flight.
I think the 325mm give better stability for learning. A lot of the better pilots prefer the 315's because they make it more responsive for 3D maneuvers (but I'm not anywhere close to that yet). I don't think you'll have any trouble flying the plastic blades and they are pretty durable.
Hey I can fly around me in a smooth and constant circle now both clockwise and anti-clockwise, its been one good day with 5 outings lasting 20mins flight time each (2 batteries). I must admit to having had two "Whoops" moments but using the "height is our friend" approach from previous posts all was well and I recovered before I hit the green stuff .
I think, although the optician says I have perfect eyesight that my main problem is going to be one of orientation. Even at distances that are still quite close I feel I’m struggling to tell its orientation, the training gear is not helping in this situation. Maybe I need some lights or bright colours so I know when its rear in.

Anyways a big decision has been made, so fingers crossed for me guys and girls, tomorrow is my first fly without training gear. [&:]
Sounds like you're doing very well. Orientation is, I'm sure, a problem for just about all of us. Darn things are just hard to see when they're moving around. I think it's worse when they are above you. It's hard to tell when they're level. I think you'll find that, now that you're past the beginner stage, it will be easier to fly without the training gear on. It will be more responsive without the extra weight hanging out there but you'll adjust quickly.

Bill
Old 12-30-2008, 02:48 PM
creteus

I always have problems with orintation. I blame it on the size of the belt. I almost put it in the dirt this weekend. good thing was I was 100 feet up. The thing was side slipping and I didn't even know it. Sounded like the blades were going to snap when I stopped the fall[X(].
Old 12-30-2008, 03:12 PM
USHobbySupply

I have found shorter blades to be more stable in most cases. When you have longer blades the heli seems alot more twitchy, shorter blades seems to calm them down
Old 12-30-2008, 04:12 PM
billmay

ORIGINAL: USHobbySupply

I have found shorter blades to be more stable in most cases. When you have longer blades the heli seems alot more twitchy, shorter blades seems to calm them down
Well, I may have to relook at this and give the 315's a try again.

Bill
Old 12-30-2008, 05:50 PM
Fly To Chill

I my self tryed 325 cf blades on my belt cp and hated them, all I use is 315 cf and love them, they really work good for me.
Old 12-30-2008, 06:24 PM
kiwibob72

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey guys, thanks for the advice etc.
Loving the Belt, just finding the 'feel' for the thing will be the largest hurdle to overcome, as it all looks to makes sense and strikes me as something that will just take time, and a lack of eagerness on my part to ensure the thing is not totaled when my head get's too large!

Still, onwards and upwards, with hopefully a few less high speed downwards added into the mix!
Old 12-31-2008, 12:17 AM
shamama

anyone have any idea about this little problem I am having with my rce500x gyro. it seems that when I set it up for hh mode I get no creaping and everything looks good aka holds in the direction i moved it to.and in rate mode it always returns to center.ok so far so good right. BUT when I unplug the battery and plug it back in the hh mode dosent seem to work the way it was before i truned it off.it's like it forgot the settings it was on. I did the whole bind thing,with the servo plugged into the gyro and everything netural. I was also wondering if i had to bind it with the servo pluged into the rudder ch? or it doesnt make a differnce. plz help it is driving me crazy[X(][&o]
Old 12-31-2008, 12:46 AM
shamama

by the way I have it plugged into the gear ch and use the travel adj as the gain.
Old 12-31-2008, 09:18 AM
billmay

FlyToChill,

With all due respect, saying that you like one thing and not another really doesn't provide a lot of helpful information. The question we were discussing was whether a longer blade will provide more stability. When I switched from 315mm blades to 325's I felt I got better hovering stability for learning. I did a search last evening using "blade length" on the TREX forum here and the consensus seems to agree that longer blade length gives more stability (sluggishness) and shorter gives more responsiveness (twitchier). As I mentioned in my previous post, I am aware that pilots who are already into more aggressive flight prefer the shorter blades because of their responsiveness (quicker flips etc.). You may very well be in that category but you need to define what it is exactly that you "like" to be helpful to other readers. I still plan at some point to give the 315's another try just to confirm my own preference. I think this whole discussion points out that each individual needs to find out what works for them at their current stage of flying ability.

BTW, what's going on with the forum. Can't seem to use either the "reply" or the "quote" options without getting an error page. Could only post using "fast reply".

Bill
Old 12-31-2008, 11:54 AM
Fly To Chill

[quote]ORIGINAL: billmay

FlyToChill,

With all due respect, saying that you like one thing and not another really doesn't provide a lot of helpful information. The question we were discussing was whether a longer blade will provide more stability. When I switched from 315mm blades to 325's I felt I got better hovering stability for learning. I did a search last evening using "blade length" on the TREX forum here and the consensus seems to agree that longer blade length gives more stability (sluggishness) and shorter gives more responsiveness (twitchier). As I mentioned in my previous post, I am aware that pilots who are already into more aggressive flight prefer the shorter blades because of their responsiveness (quicker flips etc.). You may very well be in that category but you need to define what it is exactly that you "like" to be helpful to other readers. I still plan at some point to give the 315's another try just to confirm my own preference. I think this whole discussion points out that each individual needs to find out what works for them at their current stage of flying ability.

BTW, what's going on with the forum. Can't seem to use either the "reply" or the "quote" options without getting an error page. Could only post using "fast reply".

Bill
If the designers of the Esky Belt CP intended this heli to fly with 325 blades, it would have come with 325 blades. when you compare the length from nose to tail of a TREX 450 and a Belt CP the TREX 450 is longer and I believe the trex 450 was designed to use 325 blades. The Belt CP came with 315 and was intended to use 315. if there is an issue with stability or twichiness you can always add in a little expo to make the heli a little less responsive, you can always lower the head speed that helps alot with stability. thats what i did to make the heli more stable when i first started, but of course you need a programable radio to achieve that. i know when i use the 325 on my belt it made the helis forward flight and bank turns feel too sluggish and never felt right to me. my suggestion is put on some 315 put on some training gear and eventually you will get it.I hope that helps.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:17 PM
phillyD

Brother Shamama
I have had similar issues that. Those issues will never go away until you change the TX(you are using stock TX-hope I got the info right). I maybe would have been in your position if my stock radio' elevator trim did not go bad after 3 weeks of having it; forcing me to change the TX.

I fought with the Logictech and the stock radio just like you are doing now. Sorry about that. if you check earlier post you'll see post of the stocker not working any high end gyro. A telebee will be more compatible, but not as effective as the other gyros. Didn't you say you ordered a DX6i? if you did i know about the waiting game too well. I am suffering right now.

If all that talk is useless because you are using upgraded TX, there is a person or two here who I think uses the Align gyro; or you'll have to do some research where that gyro my be used a little more like the T-Rex forum.
Cheers
Old 12-31-2008, 12:42 PM
billmay

ORIGINAL: Fly To Chill

Bill
If the designers of the Esky Belt CP intended this heli to fly with 325 blades, it would have come with 325 blades.
I'm not sure I'm ready to agree that all products are manufactured with the best designs.
when you compare the length from nose to tail of a TREX 450 and a Belt CP the TREX 450 is longer
The TREX is 660mm vs. 650mm for the Belt CP (published figures). IMHO, not enough of a difference to mandate one size vs. the other. Besides, isn't part of the hobby to experiment and report and discuss the results. I never suggested that you or anyone else had to use 325mm blades.
i know when i use the 325 on my belt it made the helis forward flight and bank turns feel too sluggish and never felt right to me.
Sounds like we agree. Longer length gives better stability and you are one of the pilots I mentioned who prefer more responsiveness.
my suggestion is put on some 315 put on some training gear and eventually you will get it.I hope that helps.
Well, I don't need either training gear or help right at the moment. We were just discussing the effect of blade length vs. stability.

Bill
Old 12-31-2008, 01:04 PM
bionicbone

Just an update on the 295mm Plastic blades that I'm trying, sadly its been a bad weather day here today, wind was <2mph but temperature wise we are at -3c (around 29F i think)., anyway cold [&o] so I've only had a quick 10mins. After allowing my heli to clematise from indoor to outdoor temperatures for a good 30 mins to ensure gyro was responsive and condensation on blades would no freeze I took her up for a quick spin. The blades seemed less responsive some how as opposed to my normal 315mm, which actually goes against previous posts on here (maybe they are too small ?). I found that dropping the heli quickly then catching took lots more throttle (worryingly so at first [&:]). I increased the pitch curve to L=45, 2=60, 3=75, 4=90, H=100, that’s +5 on settings 2,3,4. This seemed to help. Just to confirm my actual 0 throttle pitch is -1.5 as is my normal preferred setting in normal mode.

I want to test some more because I want to know the answer to: If I get 12 mins out of my new Outrage 2200mah battery (down to 3.3v per cell - confirmed loads of times), what difference will the 295mm blades make?

Guesses welcome, results of test will be posted in next couple of days weather and flying skill permitting
Old 12-31-2008, 01:12 PM
bionicbone

Besides, isn't part of the hobby to experiment and report and discuss the results.
Absolutely Bill, if we all stuck with what's in the box we'd be missing out on loads of fun and conversion as we share our experiences.
Old 12-31-2008, 01:28 PM
billmay

The blades seemed less responsive some how as opposed to my normal 315mm, which actually goes against previous posts on here (maybe they are too small ?). I found that dropping the heli quickly then catching took lots more throttle (worryingly so at first [&:])........
I want to test some more because I want to know the answer to: If I get 12 mins out of my new Outrage 2200mah battery (down to 3.3v per cell - confirmed loads of times), what difference will the 295mm blades make?

Guesses welcome, results of test will be posted in next couple of days weather and flying skill permitting
Don't know about the responsiveness part (and I'm not sure I really want to discuss it anymore.). Needing to use more throttle to recover from a fast drop makes sense. The smaller blades are definitely going to provide less lift so the same pitch change will cause less of a climb or less recovery from a drop.

Although I hate to guess, my guess would be that you'll get a little less time out of your battery because your motor will be working harder with the undersized blades. Let us know what really happens since as a retired scientist I much prefer having data than theories!!

Bill
Old 12-31-2008, 02:55 PM
Fly To Chill

ORIGINAL: Fly To Chill

Bill
If the designers of the Esky Belt CP intended this heli to fly with 325 blades, it would have come with 325 blades.
I'm not sure I'm ready to agree that all products are manufactured with the best designs.
when you compare the length from nose to tail of a TREX 450 and a Belt CP the TREX 450 is longer
The TREX is 660mm vs. 650mm for the Belt CP (published figures). IMHO, not enough of a difference to mandate one size vs. the other. Besides, isn't part of the hobby to experiment and report and discuss the results. I never suggested that you or anyone else had to use 325mm blades.
i know when i use the 325 on my belt it made the helis forward flight and bank turns feel too sluggish and never felt right to me.
Sounds like we agree. Longer length gives better stability and you are one of the pilots I mentioned who prefer more responsiveness.
my suggestion is put on some 315 put on some training gear and eventually you will get it.I hope that helps.
Well, I don't need either training gear or help right at the moment. We were just discussing the effect of blade length vs. stability.

Bill
wow thats all I have to say to that!!!!!wow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.