Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

align 35A esc and 430xl in HBK2?

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

align 35A esc and 430xl in HBK2?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 12:49 AM
13thlevel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default align 35A esc and 430xl in HBK2?

Would a 35A align ESC and a Align 430xl motor work in a HBK2?
Old 10-21-2007, 01:39 AM
Druss

Default RE: align 35A esc and 430xl in HBK2?

If you can get the motor to fit I don't see why not. You'll have to use at least 20C batteries though. And you'll have to find the right pinion gear to use. If you don't know what you're doing though I suggest you have someone help you find the best gear to use.
Old 10-21-2007, 08:03 AM
FMB42

The Align 430L and 25A ESC work well in my K2. The motor mount needed very little work in order to get the motor to fit and I did this with a 5/32" medium rat tail file along with a small flat file (with the main gear removed). You could also use a Dremel tool for this. I run an 11T Align pinion installed with the set screw towards the end of the shaft which allows pinion installation or changes without removing the motor. Doing this also makes for less motor mount "work".

A 1500mAh battery gives me flight times of 12-14 minutes with a 2 minute "rest" at about 7 minutes while the extra power and weight of this system make for a strong yet stable heli. The motor doesn't seem to get very hot and both the battery and ESC stay cool during these flights.

Just be sure to use battery connectors with a high enough amp rating such as the Deans "Ultra" or even the Align "banana plug" (P/N K10149TA-1) units.

Good luck and good flying!
Old 10-22-2007, 12:48 PM
lamrob

In idle 1, K2 was getting very hard to control, maybe there are slops on the head. With extra speed from 430XL motor, I am not sure what would happen, I also think the tail might not hold properly.