Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

esky lama v4 first flight!!

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

esky lama v4 first flight!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 12:24 PM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default esky lama v4 first flight!!

Hi guys i got my son whos 11 the esky lama v 4 and he flew it for the first time today,he managed to hover for about 3 mins before crash landing.after replacing a cpl of blades(dam these things are flimsy) we decided to practice over the double bed just in case,worked pretty well but after a hard landing onto the floor i noticed the tail is split so had to repair it with tape .i was wondering how good the glass rienforced body is is it worth buying will it add too much weight compaired to the flimsy plastic one?.im also going to get some extreme blades and a few cnc upgrades for it.the heli flies pretty well and i think once he gets chance to practice on fms some more he will be fine.im having trouble getting the transmitter setup for the pc so any help on that would be appreciated.i got it working on the pc but all the controlls are back to front and mixed up i cant seem to figure out how to set them right any ideas?.front is right back is left ,left is back etc very confusing lol.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:53 AM
martno1fan

Default RE: esky lama v4 first flight!!

well heres a vid for those interested.
[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmTMmC1amy0[/link]
Old 11-13-2007, 03:03 PM
sunktwice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

......if the controls are inverted, check the setup in FMS.
this assumes yer using the USB to Serial cable - select "joystick interface" in FMS, then go to mapping/calibration, the channel list should read from top to bottom, 4.2.1.3.4.2.1.3 and the ticks boxes for INV and EXP should be unchecked for the channels that are active.

make sure you calibrate the controller before you have a proper play around in FMS though

Old 11-13-2007, 05:54 PM
martno1fan

yep done all that still no luck ill have another look tomorrow .