Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

new lama v4 owner

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 12:11 AM
zaskarkid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new lama v4 owner

Hi, I've tried the little toy heli's, which can be next to impossible to fly, but I was hovering half way into my first battery pack. I love this thing! Can't wait to get some more practice.

Here's my question: should I just buy another kit, for the sake of spare parts, when I wreck? I'm trying to avoid the down time. The local hobby stores in southern CA don't seem to carry the esky line. Anybody on the west coast stock parts?

Also, how do you get more flight time? I have the 7.4v 800 & 900 mah batts.

Old 12-20-2007, 06:57 PM
bmerguy

Default RE: new lama v4 owner

I'm originally from So.Cal and waiting on my v4. Should be here next week. I ordered some spare parts already; blade and landing skid upgrades. I also ordered a spare batt. Only a slightly better one than stock (850) Just how much time are you getting from the 800 and the 900? All E-Sky heli's and parts are internet only. I got my parts from krshobbies.com. They're out of Florida, but shipping was only $3.15 to Oregon. Can't wait to fly.
Old 12-20-2007, 06:58 PM
bmerguy

I'm originally from So.Cal and waiting on my v4. Should be here next week. I ordered some spare parts already; blade and landing skid upgrades. I also ordered a spare batt. Only a slightly better one than stock (850) Just how much time are you getting from the 800 and the 900? All E-Sky heli's and parts are internet only. I got my parts from krshobbies.com. They're out of Florida, but shipping was only $3.15 to Oregon. Can't wait to fly.
Old 12-20-2007, 07:50 PM
Druss

ORIGINAL: gsr.sedan

Hi, I've tried the little toy heli's, which can be next to impossible to fly, but I was hovering half way into my first battery pack. I love this thing! Can't wait to get some more practice.

Here's my question: should I just buy another kit, for the sake of spare parts, when I wreck? I'm trying to avoid the down time. The local hobby stores in southern CA don't seem to carry the esky line. Anybody on the west coast stock parts?

you're not going to get much better flight times, even if you could find a larger 7.4v battery they might not fit in the battery tray and you're adding more weight which puts more stress on the motors and in turn reduces flight time so the larger battery doesn't help much. stick to batteries under 1000mah.
Old 12-21-2007, 01:42 AM
Kamov

yeah there's 2 places i know of...

if ur is southern CA visit Xheli.com warehouse in the City of Industry
u can buy parts online and pick it up if u want
right now pickup is not availabe until after christmas as i was just there a week ago
they are too busy fulfilling online orders.

or helihobby.com ..... they have a storefront where u can buy parts.

suggest u upgrade blades to Xtreme blades as thats th most part that breaks for beginners
then the landing gear.. several places to order them online try boomtownhobbies.com first

they are in Oregon shipping is fast and very reasonable
Old 12-24-2007, 04:27 AM
zaskarkid

Just broke one of the ball joints off my blade grips, so I'm considering buying some oem parts (stabilizer, blade grips, screws, landing skids, A & B shafts) and it was going to cost about $35 plus $8 ship. So now I'm thinking about buying another whole kit. 20 blades and 2 batts for $112 (landed cost).
Old 12-24-2007, 03:04 PM
Bcolici

ORIGINAL: Druss

ORIGINAL: gsr.sedan

you're not going to get much better flight times, even if you could find a larger 7.4v battery they might not fit in the battery tray and you're adding more weight which puts more stress on the motors and in turn reduces flight time so the larger battery doesn't help much. stick to batteries under 1000mah.
these batteries fit snug and work well i get about 15-20 min flight time or at least it seems that long,i have two of these packs and it quenches my thirst just fine+ the stock one that came with the bird [link]http://www.all-battery.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=970[/link]