Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Smiling from ear to ear

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

Smiling from ear to ear

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 03:28 PM
blk822

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smiling from ear to ear

Well I took the HBK2 outside for a walkand a possible first conrolible hover. So I started low and then worked up to about 3 feet off the ground. There is just the slightest breeze so I had so much fun, I can't stop smiling everytime I think about it. NO crash or any damage. I had to stop though, all of a sudden at a 3' hover the heli started t rotate CC and wouldn't stop so I set it down. It seems that when you install a new Carbon fiber tail boom you actually eed to retighten the frame screws, so the belt tension stays . I am having SOOOooooooo much fun. It's such a challenge but so fun. Good times.
Old 12-29-2007, 05:41 PM
ArrowNaughtic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Smiling from ear to ear

LOl blk........ would have loved to see that one! Glad you found the right combo to dial yours in. I am going to crank the gain up on mine and see if i can't get some tail control too. 70% throttle at midstick with +5 pitch should have my heli aiming for the stars.
Did you ever get a pitch guage for yours and see where you are at as far as pitch at low, mid and high stick?

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

Of all the things I ever lost....................................... I miss my mind the most!
Old 12-29-2007, 05:48 PM
blk822

I have a pitch gauge and just set it to zero with no throttle. Havn't checked what it is through the range. I turn the pitch knob to about 10 or 11 O'clock to keep a hirher head speed. The only problem with that is when you get into trouble and cut the throttle the blades go negative and the heli slams down, and I broke my skids. Think it maybe time for super skids.
Old 12-29-2007, 06:03 PM
ArrowNaughtic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try the align skids for the TREX 450........ I have those on mine and it seems to be happy enough. As far as pitch goes, you should be setting pitch at midstick in idle up with a motor lead disconnected at zero degrees. If you need a hand with setting yours up, let me know. I wanna see yours fly.......... I am jealous now!

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

Of all the things I ever lost....................................... I miss my mind the most!
Old 12-30-2007, 02:11 AM
Druss

haahaa, next thing you know you'll have more and more heli's until you think to yourself "what am I doing? I don't even have the time to fly all of these".
Old 12-30-2007, 10:08 AM
high flyer 777

Hey Druss. "Truer words were never spoken".