Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

A motor alignement problem any idea's?

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

A motor alignement problem any idea's?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 02:03 PM
captpjb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A motor alignement problem any idea's?

After first catastrohic flight, when Lama v4 just flipped left instead of going up and broke both sets of blades and stripped both gears I now have a further problem (Ok no big deal parts are available and have been recieved) My next flight will be off a soft surface and it is obvious if you are going in cut all power before you hit!

I am having a problem getting proper engagement of the A rotor gear ( the one not fixed to the long shaft) with it's motor pinion, best I can get is a partial mesh which is bound to strip the plastic teeth, the B gear teeth have perfect engagement. The problem seems to be the spacer collar or whatever it is called ( not listed in parts diagram but is between parts 036 and 039)which has a small black screw in the side (I am not sure what the screw is for either ) between the two plastic gear sets and is too thick and wont allow the A (lower) gear set to engage properly. I have tried and tried but no sucess is there a trick on gear alignement/engagement or a guide for assembly anywhere on line?

Any and all comments and suggestions appreciated