Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

Belt-CP Flybar setup

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 05:58 PM
homeunt
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Belt-CP Flybar setup

I bent my flybar adn broke flybar casing, could someone please help me hwo to install this flybar? I do not need mechanical setup but I need to know how to set it up right. Right pitch etc.
Old 03-29-2008, 06:08 PM
nuttcaze

Default RE: Belt-CP Flybar setup

wish I could help ya, but I still have my bad habbits from my HBFP, put it back together and go fly, no matter how fudged up it is.
Old 03-29-2008, 06:49 PM
homeunt

lol thx for you thoughts. LOL I just made a discovery. I just broke my favorite carbon fiber arrow and its hallow inside for 2 feet. Its diameter is exactly same as HBK2 tail.. lol

Could someone help me with the flybar!!
Old 03-29-2008, 06:52 PM
evdreamer

With the motor unplugged in idle up at center stick the paddles should have zero degrees of pitch.
Old 03-29-2008, 06:58 PM
homeunt

thanks, but how do you get the pitch at 0 degrees in first place and how do i adjust and how do i measure?
I know measuring could be done with pitch gauge if I'm right?
Could you please help me further?
Old 03-29-2008, 07:57 PM
evdreamer

You can rotate the paddles on the flybar. Just loosen the set screw. This probably isn't the best way to do it, but I just eyeball the paddles to something I know is parallel and perpindicular to the paddles. But when it comes to the blades I always use a pitch gauge on those. Then I also make sure the paddles are tracking correctly. If it all looks ok after that then I know I got them very close.
Old 03-29-2008, 08:26 PM
homeunt

what are the consequences if set up the bar wrong?
Old 03-29-2008, 08:41 PM
evdreamer

If the flybar isn't equal on both sides it will wobble and vibrate pretty bad. If the paddles are off it won't stay in a good hover. It will want to wonder around.
Old 03-29-2008, 08:48 PM
homeunt

well, as a newbie. I could get my hovering going steady enough to hold against little heavy wind.... I'll need further help when I do get the parts.

Is there a tutorial video or something. The one I was linked to before told me what angle the paddles should be not how to do it.

Again thanks for your help. I guess I could say, I'm just way too dumb to understand, at least for now.
Old 03-29-2008, 09:03 PM
brac1960

There are some good tutorials on the set up on youtube. Just type in helicopter setup, in the search bar, there is a lot of totrials
Old 03-30-2008, 12:19 PM
brac1960

once you get the flybar installed along with all the linkages hooked up, you adjust it so that you have 6.2 mm from the flybar wieghts on the end of the flybar case to the silver locking piece on the end of the paddles. You do this buy unlocking the set screw on the paddle and turn the paddle in or out till you have 6.2 mm on both sides. you then check to see that the flybar paddles are paralell to each other by simply rotating one one way and the other one the other way, I just get get them the same by eye. once the are parralell to each other lock the set screws on the end of the paddles. You then power up your heli with the motor disconected, I just eye the paddles with the flybar padddle control arms to see that they are level with that, lock the set screws on the flybar wieghts. check your measurement from between the paddle and the flybar weights again, if it is still 6.2 mm you should be good to go. Hope this helps.
Old 03-30-2008, 12:40 PM
homeunt

thanks a lot. I know for sure that having the flybar perfect is almost impossible with human hands but I wish it to be as good as possible.
is tehre a certain way to make it as good as possible using certain tools?
Old 03-30-2008, 12:49 PM
brac1960

You could probably use a pitch gauge, put it on the paddle the same as you would put it on the main blades and put a small string line level on top of the pitch gauge to get it if you are not comfortable with getting it close enough by eye???
Old 03-31-2008, 02:04 AM
kennyt

ORIGINAL: brac1960

once you get the flybar installed along with all the linkages hooked up, you adjust it so that you have 6.2 mm from the flybar wieghts on the end of the flybar case to the silver locking piece on the end of the paddles. You do this buy unlocking the set screw on the paddle and turn the paddle in or out till you have 6.2 mm on both sides. you then check to see that the flybar paddles are paralell to each other by simply rotating one one way and the other one the other way, I just get get them the same by eye. once the are parralell to each other lock the set screws on the end of the paddles. You then power up your heli with the motor disconected, I just eye the paddles with the flybar padddle control arms to see that they are level with that, lock the set screws on the flybar wieghts. check your measurement from between the paddle and the flybar weights again, if it is still 6.2 mm you should be good to go. Hope this helps.
brac, we use the same technique and it also seems to work great for me. i wouldn't even bother using a pitch gage. just make sure it is parallel to the swash eyeballing it
Old 03-31-2008, 10:27 AM
brac1960

yep! works great for me too. It actually seems pretty easy to tell by eye if it's not level or the paddles aren't paralell to each other
Old 04-01-2008, 04:16 PM
homeunt

well thanks guys, I'll continue on this thread once I get stuck in actual exchange.
Say do you guys know if it is safe to use 25C battery on 30A and 25A ESC to 3100kv and 3800kv?
Druss did say before in other thread it's not a problem using higher C rate.
Old 04-01-2008, 11:00 PM
evdreamer

The C rating is just how much current the battery can discharge. It probably will never use all of it on some helicopters. It is safe to use higher C ratings. You just want to make sure the voltage is the same as the rating of the ESC.
Old 04-02-2008, 01:43 AM
kennyt

homeunt,
i thought your name looked familiar. you contacted me about the belt cp before buying from the ebay seller in china. glad to see your active in this online heli community. my belt is starting to look like something else lately thanks to last years tax return. check it out
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Gd93502.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	919822