Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

Had to do it!

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 05:43 AM
Robertwav1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Had to do it!

Thought I’d share this. I have, or should I say I had a VNR3D as my second after a tethered trainer. A little bit of a mistake cause I drove it the ground enough times to disintegrate the poor thing. Anyway as I leaped back a little toward a HBFP, to my surprise, I learned rather quickly to control it as a beginner that I consider myself. Went to a belt as a next step and hovered it successfully a few times (almost) anyway, still need some practice. As I was pondering on about the condition of my VNR3D I was gonna trash it cause not enough flight times as opposed to what I’m spending in parts (a little pricey). I thought I’d give it a try as a hybrid, a fixed pitch heli? Would it work? Same shaft size as the VNR3D but it had to be cut, drilled and pinned. This was the hardest part. Note I’m using HBFP parts now from the pinned section up. I was concerned about the blades from the HB being stiff enough cause it’s a heavier machine. No problem there, just run them tight and they don’t bend any more then on the HB. I wasn’t sure about the CCPM either, what that might do. It doesn’t bother anything….I turned both trims down so it don’t move much…..maybe I could turn the throttle trim up…..haven’t tried that yet. Anyway to complete this hybrid I had to make up my own pitch links, VNR3D swash to the flybar of the HB, different ball sizes. Using partial links from the VNR3D and partial links from the HB…..they gave me what I needed for the transition. I was really happy when this came together in about an hour and a half and I was flying it. I now have something in between my HBFP and my Belt-CP. It’s a lot more controllable but yet twice as strong as the HB. I’m hoping this thing gets me closer to feeling more comfortable with the belt as that is quite heavy, powerful and fast also but easier then the mico CP I was dealing with. Only did three batteries on this thing in the house. The links are holding up so far, also the pin through the shaft is a tad heavier then the one on the HB because of the additional torque.

I did try to post last Sunday but I don''t think it went, forgive for any redundancy.

Old 04-16-2008, 07:13 AM
noobflyer01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Had to do it!

what is vnr3d? pics please