Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Been one of those weeks....

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

Been one of those weeks....

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 03:20 PM
nuttcaze

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Been one of those weeks....

Its just been a bad week with helis for me [:@], and I haven't even crashed anything. My Belt CP had a servo die and has been acting up since I put the ESky HH gyro on it. Been waiting all week for parts for my HBK II, finally get here and some stuff was missing so I'm completely srcewed on that, need to go buy more connectors for my E-Smart but still have to wait on batteries, and my fiber frames I ordered still aren't here even though some people who orded theirs after me have already recieved theirs. And the only way I'm getting parts I need before sat is to place a big order somewhere so that they ship me a BIG box and then its gaurenteed to get here by sat, but I'm saving for another HBK II so I can't afford to put a parts order in just yet [&o] Like I said, bad week for me.
Old 05-01-2008, 03:30 PM
droggy

Default RE: Been one of those weeks....

Bad week for me too, not as bad as you though[] Crashed my FP pretty hard the other day and broke alot of stuff. No spares! Wonder if I should pull out the belt cp again. Maybe I'll hover a pack and see what happens. Haven't flown it since I first crashed it and bought a FP machine. Upgraded to dynam 30A the other day cause I heard of the fires and thats the last thing that I want to happen to me. $800 so far in this hobby in a month and a half and more to come. I love it!!!!
Old 05-01-2008, 03:37 PM
homeunt
My Feedback: (3)

think of it in bright side nuttcaze, at least you got the fps.
My King 2 is down for skids [stupid reason!]
Belt-CP is down by dead tail servo.

Why are you actually getting another king 2?
Old 05-01-2008, 04:42 PM
nuttcaze

One of my HBFPs is down due to I swapped a servo out for my Belt CP cause the pitch servo kept cutting in and out, my order was suppose to have 2 servos but they are on back order, can't stand it when sites let you buy stuff thats not in stock [:'(], but you're right about still having the HBFP to keep me sane, just took it for a quick flight outside, light rain and wind didn't stop my and my HBFP, although the car I almost ran into the side of would've stopped us, I came whizzing from between my garage and the neighboring building out towards the street when a car turned out of a driveway right in front of my heli, but she made it, pulled back to climb a bit while giving a little extra throttle, bank to the right and all is well, the more I fly my HBFP outside the more I like it, its amazing what it'll do. And I don't have the nerve to try it with my CP's yet, but its soooooooooooo much fun flying the HBFP outside, I take back everything I ever said about thses helis sucking outside, they're great

Yeah I want another HBK II so I can start getting more adventurous with it, gotta have 2 so when I stuff one into the ground I still have another to fly.
Old 05-02-2008, 07:00 AM
kodak_jack

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you had to choose between the FP and the Kind2, which is easier to fly? I know the FP is easier and less expensive to repair, but what about ease of flying and hovering? This FP is still difficult and now mods/ wear and different batteries are factored in.
Old 05-02-2008, 07:56 AM
racin06

I just moved up from the HBFP to the HBK2 a couple of months ago. I started learning on and flew the HBFP for one year. The HBFP is definately more difficult to fly. The HBK2 is WAY more stable versus the HBFP. However, the HBK2 is also much quicker on the cyclic inputs and is much faster than the HBFP, which can cause some problems for some moving up from the HBFP.

IMO, if you can fly the HBFP, you can fly the HBK2 or any other CP heli. I'm living proof of that. Below is a video of my maiden flight of the HBK2, my first ever CP heli. As you can see, I had a pretty good flight going until I lost orientation and crashed. I had never flown with an overcast sky coupled with a snow-covered ground.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NjRzPLEsy7k

Anyway, I still enjoy flying my HBFPs, though...especially in the wind. It defiantely keeps my flying skills sharp. If you haven't seen, below are a couple of my videos from a few days ago flying my modified HBFP in 10-15 mph winds.

Flight #1
http://youtube.com/watch?v=yDH_SnPKO2E
High Quality - http://blip.tv/file/866139?filename=...PFlying982.wmv

Flight #2
http://youtube.com/watch?v=QdM-W-OM87o
High Quality - http://blip.tv/file/866162?filename=...Flying2187.wmv
Old 05-02-2008, 08:19 AM
nuttcaze

ORIGINAL: kodak_jack

If you had to choose between the FP and the Kind2, which is easier to fly? I know the FP is easier and less expensive to repair, but what about ease of flying and hovering? This FP is still difficult and now mods/ wear and different batteries are factored in.

HBK II is def easier to fly (with the 3100 brushless, not overly powerful, great for getting a feel of the heli, then get a bigger motor) but I'm still 10 more comfortable flying my HBFP. Theres alot of things I'll only try with my HBFP's. The HBK II is very nice though, and with a functioning, gyro (rate or HH) it makes flying alot easier (compared to the HBFP) cause the tail actually stays where you want it to. And most of all, just like racin06 says

"IMO, if you can fly the HBFP, you can fly the HBK2 or any other CP heli. I'm living proof of that"

I agree with that completely, the HBFP isn't the easiest to control, but master this and the CP's will be a breeze.

Also sweet flying racin06