Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

43T Pulley bearings HELP, PLEASE!

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

43T Pulley bearings HELP, PLEASE!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 04:47 PM
orlbuzz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 43T Pulley bearings HELP, PLEASE!

Yes, I did post this question in another forum. I'm desperate here!!!

Doing a new build with a barebones kit. I started to install the 43T pulley bearings, and the simple "instruction sheet" that came with it AND my illustrated parts breakdown don't look like the bearings that are in my Heli!! The illustrated parts breakdown shows three pieces, #66 flange bearing cover, #67 flange bearing, and #68 the screw. The bearings in my heli look to be one piece, and there is a brass spacer that goes between the flange bearing and the frame.

Has anyone with a new heli run into this? Have they changed the flange bearing without changing the manual?

Please help!!! I want to fly this thing!

orlbuzz
Old 06-09-2008, 04:49 PM
DumbDawg
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: 43T Pulley bearings HELP, PLEASE!

Install it using your bearing from your heli... with the brass bit as well. It will work.

happy fly'n
Old 06-09-2008, 05:16 PM
orlbuzz

DumbDawg,

Thanks for the quick reply, but I don't think it will work. I actually just got off the phone with HeliDirect, and described my problem. Apparently, E-Sky has changed these bearings and not noted it in their manuals.

The bearings that came in my heli have a solid flange on BOTH sides, just like an A/C idler in automobiles. It is all one piece. If I tried to use the Idler that came in the Xtreme kit, there would be Three (3) flanges on the idler. The belt would run off for sure.

Apparently this is a very recent "upgrade", I just received my HBKII barebones about a week ago.

orlbuzz
Old 06-09-2008, 05:27 PM
Druss

the new bearings in the king2 kit may be in response to all the ppl complaining about the slip, I'd suggest trying to run the 43t only using the bearing from the king2.
Old 06-09-2008, 06:48 PM
orlbuzz

Druss,

Yes, apparently that is what has happened.

orlbuzz
Old 06-09-2008, 09:51 PM
Druss

Ya, then you don't need the bearing piece from the 43t kit as it was designed to fix that flaw.
Old 06-10-2008, 03:30 PM
funflier

True I saw one in the LHS the other weekend and that was something I noticed right away is the new flanged bearing with the spacer. The spacer appears to be the same little little domed brass washer that fits with the flat side towards "O" ring in the head. Actually in all the new flanged bearing design is a better idea then the wide double bearings used on the 43 tooth system. The ones that are used with the 43 tooth system tend to leave only about 3 little screw threads holding the bearings in place agains the belt tension.