Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Telebee gyro blinking?

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

Telebee gyro blinking?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 09:04 AM
sixtyin3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Telebee gyro blinking?

Hello,

I just installed my Telebee gyro on my King 2 and after getting everything plugged in (servo into gyro, 3 wire plug in channel 4, single wire channel 5) my gyro will only blink the blue light and not initialize? What's the deal? I let it sit for 2 minutes and it never stopped blinking. I am using the stock Tx and Rx.

Steve
Old 06-20-2008, 09:17 AM
Gittle

Default RE: Telebee gyro blinking?

Well for one you need to unplug the single wire on channel 5. You wont be able to change the gain with the stock transmitter. You will have to do it with the gain pot on the gyro itself. For the arming part I am not sure but, it seems like you might have a bad gyro. It should arm. Double check and make sure you have both plugs in with the ground in the correct position. Thats the only thing I can think of.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:43 AM
Druss

make sure the throttle trim and throttle stick are both at the bottom and the rudder trim is centered.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:56 AM
dooleyje

ORIGINAL: sixtyin3

Hello,

I just installed my Telebee gyro on my King 2 and after getting everything plugged in (servo into gyro, 3 wire plug in channel 4, single wire channel 5) my gyro will only blink the blue light and not initialize? What's the deal? I let it sit for 2 minutes and it never stopped blinking. I am using the stock Tx and Rx.

Steve
I agree the single wire needs to be unpluged. The gyro will go into Heading hold at that point. you will adjust the gain on the pot. The light will go steady. When you plug the battery in do not touch the heli for about 10 sec. The throttle will not have any thing to do with it.

Jim
Old 06-20-2008, 09:25 PM
sixtyin3

Fixed it. Unplugged the single wire and my channel 4 was put in backwards.
Old 06-20-2008, 11:14 PM
Gittle

Thats is cool. Go and have some fun now. Garry
Old 06-20-2008, 11:29 PM
sixtyin3

Waiting on new main blades and some feathering shafts . They'll be here tomorrow I think. I am going to work on getting the tail dialed in and stopped from spinning the heli in circles. I got my 43t belt mod and the gyro in, it should be able to stop spinning now with some adjustments. With the stock Tx and Rx I do NOT need to have the single wire plugged into channel 5 right?

Oh yeah, put the training gear on tonight too. I can't wait for the mail tomorow!
Old 06-20-2008, 11:37 PM
Druss

ORIGINAL: sixtyin3

Waiting on new main blades and some feathering shafts . They'll be here tomorrow I think. I am going to work on getting the tail dialed in and stopped from spinning the heli in circles. I got my 43t belt mod and the gyro in, it should be able to stop spinning now with some adjustments. With the stock Tx and Rx I do NOT need to have the single wire plugged into channel 5 right?

Oh yeah, put the training gear on tonight too. I can't wait for the mail tomorow!
No, don't plug the single wire in. The gain on the tx is set and not adjustable and the chances of it being the gain that you need are small to none. Set the gain on the telebee itself but remember that you have to unplug and replug in the battery every time to make a change to the gain.