Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

K2 feathering shaft.

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 11:17 PM
sixtyin3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default K2 feathering shaft.

How tight should the 2 end nuts of the feathering shaft be? I can't seem to get it perfect. Too tight limits travel, too loose and it get sloppy.
Old 06-26-2008, 01:20 AM
Zimatosa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: K2 feathering shaft.

I always tighten the nuts down until the blade grips are tight and the o-rings are set(basically over-tighten on purpose). Then, just back it off a tiny bit at a time until you have free movement of the blade grips but not slop. There is a happy place, it might take a bit of practice to find the correct spot.
How are you keeping the feathering shaft on center so the inner part of the blades do not rub on the shaft? My secret is to use lock-tite on one of the nylocks before inserting, screwing the nut onto the shaft(wait a few minutes) to the spot it needs to be at. Make a mental note of how many threads are showing so you know where on the shaft the nylock should be locked. When you assemble the shaft, the second nylock will then screw to the correct location, taking the frustration out of re-installing these shafts.

Peace,

Z