Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

HBKII 43t tail pulley and belt size

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

HBKII 43t tail pulley and belt size

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 08:20 PM
orlbuzz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HBKII 43t tail pulley and belt size

I just started to install the 43t pulley and belt and fully expected to find the belt to be longer than the standard belt. I was surprised to find that it is shorter!

Can anyone explain why this is?

orlbuzz
Old 07-10-2008, 08:35 PM
funflier

Default RE: HBKII 43t tail pulley and belt size

It is longer, a shorter belt won't work unless you cut the boom.
What is the number on that belt?
Who did you get it from?
Number on it should be 390.
The stock belt is a 380.
Old 07-10-2008, 09:17 PM
orlbuzz

funflier,

Thanks for responding.

It is an Extrememe Products that I bought from HeliDirect. The 43t belt has B390MXL on it. The old one was cut down the middle of the numbers so I can't tell if it's 390 or 380, as I can only see the top half, but, the old one is definitely longer!!! It is the one that came in the barebones kit I built this from. I haven't really flown the heli THAT much, still trying to get the tracking correct and had some other problems, but I wonder if it has stretched that much. If it has, I guess I have a pre-stretched spare!

I haven't fully installed it, but I have the belt in the boom, around the pulley, and held the tail case up where it goes and I can see that it will work.

Has anyone compared belts after they've stretched?

orlbuzz
Old 07-10-2008, 11:41 PM
funflier

390 is the correct belt.
I have many belts from many helis, used and new. If you take the old and new belts and lay them side by side and pull them out to length with say 2 nails the new 43t belt is about 1/2 inch longer. The stock belts have replaced don't stretch out much at all they usually wear out. However the 43 tooth belts do stretch but by that time the metal cog pulley will have worn so bad that you will have problems with the belt moving around and sometimes coming off the idler bearings (yes even with the mod they can and do come off) due to the slop in that metal cog pulley wobbeling around on the mainshaft.