Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

Why would you?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 12:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why would you?

Geezus I hate how picky I can get lol. With the new King3 and CP-2 coming out, why would anyone get a old Belt or King? even with the discounts.

The old king you need to upgrade right from the start with brushless motor, battery, esc, and charger, plus I hear the tail sucks on the old King and is fixed in the new version. The way I see it, you can upgrade an old king and spend the same money on it or you could just get the new king for the same money! and not have to upgrade. It makes no sense at all.

Why would anyone get the old King now?....for parts?...nostalgia?.... just to have it?...

Old 10-03-2008, 12:40 PM

Default RE: Why would you?

Well no one, I hope is getting the original king, the king2 you can save some initial cost of you're stuck on budget but as for the Belt CP, it's still a bigger heli than either the King3 or the CP-2. The belt cp is bigger, more stable.... etc.
Old 10-03-2008, 12:46 PM

I meant the king2.. It still needs to be upgraded for about the same cost as a RTF King3. It is almost a need to upgrade the King2 from the start. If I could just get the 20 dollar brushless motor for my King2 without needing a ESC and batttery plus charger, then I would no doubt get a King2 Right now it makes more sense to just wait and get the King3 with the tail improvement and everything is set up brushless.
Old 10-03-2008, 03:20 PM
My Feedback: (3)

i personally woudl go with king 3 if im giong rtf..
just my thoughts
(doh i guess im not selling my used king2 lol)
Im being honest here
Old 10-05-2008, 01:17 PM

That and we still havent had any feedback on the new Belt CP either.
Its $65 more and have no word yet on if they solved the problems of the original.
With the $30 discount on the original unit you can buy a new ESC.
Old 10-12-2008, 06:44 PM
My Feedback: (3)

well isn't the new belt-cp 2.4ghz? That'll definately fix the glitch problem.
Old 10-12-2008, 07:27 PM

I would still recommend a King2 over the King3 - since then you get the choose the actual upgrade parts, not the middle-of-the-road ones that Esky probably put on. My King2 which I got last Spring already came with digital servos, and with the upgrade parts (that include a Logitech HH gyro and digital tail servo combo, HobbyWing ESC, 3900kv brushless motor, 43T tail drive pulley, 1800mah high-discharge battery, and a Dx6i Tx and Rx - not to mention the CF frame and full CNC parts I haven't even put on yet) it should still fly rings around the King3. The cost of the King3 is about the same as doing the most basic upgrades yourself - where you get to choose and select the best parts that fit your needs.

I just wasn't impressed with what I've read about the King3, since you could get a better heli for about the same cost by upgrading yourself!

No flame wars!
Dave
Old 10-12-2008, 07:57 PM

No the Belt CP V2 is not 2.4, it can be bought as 2.4 but in the CF model only. For the added price of the CF and 2.4, you would be better off to get a CP V1 or 2 throw out the radio and put in a DX6i, It comes to about the same price for what I have been able to find out.

And like Warpnine said you get to chose the upgrades based on what you wnat not on how cheap you can build them.

R[8D]N Sr
Old 10-13-2008, 12:03 AM
My Feedback: (16)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone know if Esky will keep making the original Belt CP when the V2 hits in November?
Old 10-13-2008, 03:03 PM

I have to agree with warpnine .......I can get a RTF king2 for $129 or less, For another $70-$80 I can put on a telebee headlock (which blows away the esky one) and a good brushless setup. The esky digital servos are plenty good enough for someone who would be buying an rtf kit. Ebay the brushed motor and gyro...you might get enough for some spare woodies. Yep the stock tx/rx does glitch occasionally, for me its been all three cyclic servos ramping up dramatically and dropping pitch suddenly.....if you are flying with any altitude its no problem, its only happened twice in 50 flights. Lets see $210 at the outside for a heli that flies as good as the King 2 with amazing reliability? Thats what I will be buying my son for his first cp heli. In defense of the King 3 it actually looks like its got the hardware to be RTF out of the box, despite the dodgy reputation for esky ESC. But for less money I can have a Killer King 2 with parts I would use on another heli if I wanted too.
Old 10-17-2008, 12:34 AM
My Feedback: (16)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Every dealer I have talked with has stated that the original Belt CP is still going to be around. This is great news for those of us who like the less expensive version for upgrading!