Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

Belt-CP a toy?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 07:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Belt-CP a toy?

The whole topic is actully more apples to oranges in all actuality. The Belt Cp can be had RTF for about 179.00 while for a setup the way it should be trex your easy into the 600.00 range. I dont want people to take me wrong I think the Belt and for that matter most of the Esky heli are great birds. I have owned both and loved my esky stuff. Fun to fly cheap to fix. But in terms of quility they are no where near the align stuff. But you get what you pay for and you pay alot more for a trex then you do esky. Dollar for dollar the belt is great. I have not owned one but I have flown on a few times. I would have bought one but before it was released I had already went the upgrade path with my King 2. In the end I had a heli with about 275.00 in it that was work 150.00. If I could do it all again would I...hell yes. I learned a ton working on and flying my king. It was just time to take what I learned to the next step. As stated above you learn faster when the fear of a C(r)ash holds you back. That why I can do piro flips on the sim and just learning inverted hover on the trex.
Old 10-09-2008, 07:18 PM

I wouldn't trade my Belt for anything!! Yes, the Trex is a better bird (costs a lot more, too) but I'd rather upgrade my Belt for a lot less than repairing the Trex! Additionally, I have mostly Align upgrades on my Belt CP, so eventually you can't even tell it's a Esky!!! I have pics posted in the forum - check them out!
Old 10-11-2008, 03:40 AM

ORIGINAL: cjennjr

I wouldn't trade my Belt for anything!! Yes, the Trex is a better bird (costs a lot more, too) but I'd rather upgrade my Belt for a lot less than repairing the Trex! Additionally, I have mostly Align upgrades on my Belt CP, so eventually you can't even tell it's a Esky!!! I have pics posted in the forum - check them out!
How is upgrading with Align parts cheaper than replacing broken parts with Align parts?
And when you crash it, wont you have broken your expensive Align upgrades that will need to be replaced with more expensive Align parts?
Buying a Trex one piece at a time is alot more expensive than just buying the kit in the first place.
You are making a mistake.