Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Please help i am worried!

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

Please help i am worried!

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 12:54 PM
helicrazedout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help i am worried!

I recently bought a new lipo charger from my hobby shop the large esky one the EK2 0852 i am now using that instead of my old origonal esky one i got when i bought the heli which is the EK2 0851 lipo charger. the thing i dont get is on my old charger the 0851 it takes around 2.5hrs to charge a battery and on my new charger the 0852 it only takes 1hr 10 mins. is this normal whats going on pease help!
Old 10-25-2008, 01:06 PM
Optimus110103
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: Please help i am worried!

Calm down, and relax! the 0851 or stock esky charger charges at a rate of 0.8 amps, the 0852 has an auto adjusting charge rate up to 1.5 amps. so its ok and normal. A higher amperage charge will make for a faster charge, so instead of worrying, be happy that you dont need to wait as long for your battery to charge.
Old 10-25-2008, 01:10 PM
helicrazedout

ok lol i will calm down now i did not know that thanks for help!
Old 10-25-2008, 01:14 PM
Zim-uh-tosa

ORIGINAL: helicrazedout

I recently bought a new lipo charger from my hobby shop the large esky one the EK2 0852 i am now using that instead of my old origonal esky one i got when i bought the heli which is the EK2 0851 lipo charger. the thing i dont get is on my old charger the 0851 it takes around 2.5hrs to charge a battery and on my new charger the 0852 it only takes 1hr 10 mins. is this normal whats going on pease help!

You are fine man....Your old charger only charges at .8A or 800mah....The new charger you bought will charge at almost double the rate, 1.5A or 1500mah. It automatically sets itself to charge the batteries at the C rating(but only up to 1.5A). You should be happy about this fact, no? Hehehe

To explain a little further, if you have a 1000mah battery the charger should be charging at 1.0A. A 1300mah battery will charge at 1.3A, so on and so forth. So, no matter what size battery you are charging it should only take an hour or so unless you are charging a battery that is over 1500mah. Your charger will not charge faster than 1.5....see?

Z

Beat me to it Opti....
Old 10-25-2008, 01:17 PM
helicrazedout

Good! now i am feeling happy and very relived i thought the charger was broken! thanks again guys!!!